Best 3D Blu-Ray Writer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Macman45, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Am looking to buy a 3D capable writer, not so much for burning (but I will do a few no doubt) but want something stable and reliable. Have read about issues with the LG and iMacs, and since mine will be used mostly on my iMac for ripping and storing on my Pegasus R4.

I've found this Samsung, and wonder if anybody has one, or can recommend a decent unit? :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005M3UI...de=asn&creative=22242&creativeASIN=B005M3UIS4

It's got to be an external too.

2. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I guess this is new product territory, hence the lack of responses....I don't really want to buy the Samsung only to find that it has the same "Freezing" issues posted on the boards about the LG. May hold off until somebody has an opinion.

3. kyjaotkb macrumors 6502a

Is there a physical distinction between a 3D Blu-ray writer and a regular Blu-ray writer ? I thought it comes down to the file format stored on the media.

4. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No, they are sold as different products...The 3D drives also have built in 2D to 3D conversion capabilities, at least that Samsung does...It's new stuff, but I've had a couple of folks say that the Samsung is working well for them, so think I'll go ahead and grab one at the best price I can...:)