Best 6s plus skins?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Stamas88, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Stamas88 macrumors member

So I bought the 6s plus in silver and it's my first time getting a iPhone that's not back/space grey, I was thinking about getting a Dbrand skin but not sure if the matte white (back) would match the front in terms of being the same type of white and it's hard to contact support as everything is bots that answer with them and not actual people

Which skins company do you guys find to be the best and easier to install, I would love to be able to use a screen protector with them as well

Also I know it's a long shot but who anyone know if there's a place in nyc or the Bronx that will actually install them for you?

2. jeepik macrumors regular

3. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

How difficult/involved are those to install? Any room for error/reinstall? Any residue left behind at removal?

Thanks,
    Will

5. N54TT macrumors member

I bought my 5s skin from stickerboy and was gonna get some Dbrand skins for the 6s. But when I went to order them, my credit card company denied the purchase. Apparently Dbrand was listed as a bad merchant in their system. Was told that if I went ahead with the purchase I wouldn't be covered for fraud. I haven't really seen any bad reviews about Dbrand....but decided to just go with stickerboy again. They're pretty much the same, Dbrand has the cutout for the apple on the back of the phone though.

6. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

no residual at all for the ones i've removed.

i've always installed them wet so i've never had a problem installing them. i originally used to buy phantonskinz and they recommended the wet version (dip the skin into soapy water solution before placing on device). it slides around a bit so you can make sure to get it situated perfectly. i know in slick wraps install videos they just put it on with no water, but i always had good luck with water from the "old" days of PS so just kept doing that! i also use a hair dryer a bit on the back and more so on the corners... just to make sure i get a good seal. i've had to peel back a corner and reposition it. it does take patience but it's worth taking your time! (slick wraps also has a goof proof policy if you mess up the install.. they say they will send a replacement... i haven't had to do that so can't say how easy, or not, it is

what i LOVE about slick wraps is their corners and the speaker holes! phantom skins just had one large hole for the speakers and the corners were not tight... with slick wraps the corners fit PERFECTLY and there are little individual circles for each speaker hole... much nice look!

we even put the leather clickwrap on hubby's macbook air and it looks SOOOOO good! and i have a mixture of pink and neon green on my apple tv remote! (bought both colors during their black friday sale last year since they were so cheap!)

i got my polka dot wrap today but i'm waiting til tomorrow when my glass screen protector gets here to put it on..

support is really good and friendly and i use paypal to pay....

7. ikm19 macrumors 6502

ikm19

Stay Away from Dbrands has to wait like a month to get my money back and they didnt even shipped the order. Just made some stupid excuse that they had problem with shipping and will ship it soon..

8. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Next time you're shopping around check us out. Same-Day shipping.

9. kcellup macrumors regular

kcellup

Any discounts/coupon codes to add incentive of buying from your company?

10. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

there's a code on their website at the top of the page for 10% off. however if you sign up for their email newsletter you get a code for 20% off....

11. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Next Week. Who knows. :)

12. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

We just released the Black Friday promo

13. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

And took away the option to buy just the back wrap. I was gonna buy a back during the sale but I guess you don't want to sell just the back for 50% off and I have no need for the front. Oh well...

14. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I highly recommend the SlickWraps as well. Quality product. I installed the matte transparent back and really liked it. I got a very good install but I had some hazing underneath that never went away so I ended up removing it. And plan on spending 45 minutes or more to do the install and just be very patient as it's a tedious task.

I did end up with residue and discoloration on my phone after removing this skin. I used some car wax to get the discoloration off and the shine back to my phone. Of course I had to put a case back on that super slippery phone. LOL.

15. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

Now that the holidays and sales are over, I see that Slickwraps has returned the option of buying just the back or just the front. Nice going. Took my business elsewhere...

16. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

@slickwrapsinc , any comment?

17. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

18. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we were unaware of this issue at the time and will look into this ASAP. We will make sure that this will not happen again in the future. Have a Slick day and thanks again!

19. Phone Junky, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016

Phone Junky macrumors 6502

Nice try. I posted about this issue in this very thread you're reading on 11-25-15 as well as this Black Friday thread:http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/black-friday-deals.1939455/#post-22296229
    You made a post, right after my post on this issue, and totally ignored what I posted. So I DID bring it to your attention. A lot of good that did.

20. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Thanks again for your input. We're looking into why options we're not working. Having awesome people like you help us to better improve the site and find bugs that may exist. Thank You!

21. saeed.mt macrumors member

saeed.mt

22. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

Yeah. Where was his response 2 months ago? Easy to spew a bunch of BS after the fact. Bottom line is they were willing to sell full wraps for $12.50 but not front or back only for $8.00. If I'm not mistaken, there is a shipping fee also. Since they offered no deal on the back wrap only, I bought a couple of back wraps WITH screen protectors from Bestskinsever during their Cyber Monday sale for a grand total of $11.99 SHIPPED.
    I was kind of disappointed in getting no response back in November and now after this BS response, I'm glad I took my business elsewhere.

23. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Thanks again for your input. We actually offered some amazing deals during and after our famous Black Friday sale including free world-wide shipping. Thanks for still checking out Slickwraps.com and whomever you choose it's awesome to see you wrapped it up! Thanks PhoneJunky!

24. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

Still ignoring the fact that I brought the "issue" to your attention back in November and you declined to respond then. Perfect.
    Is it so hard to say "We chose not to offer back or front wraps only on our half off sale."?