Best 7-9 button mouse for Mac PVPers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 266QuadCore, Aug 5, 2011.

1. 266QuadCore macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I play world of warcraft on a Mac Pro, and it's so much fun, but I'm running into an issue: more abilities than buttons!

Left hand is my Belkin Nostoromo and my right hand...:(...

Razer
    Death Adder - Too few buttons (bought & returned)
    Naga - Too many buttons, and no orientation. (bought & returned)
    Lachesis - Perfect number of buttons but not supported so 4 buttons don't work. I tried Steermouse but I guess I'm an idiot because I couldn't get it to work and didn't want to spend $20 for Steermouse. (bought & returned)
    Orochi - perfect number of buttons but I couldn't reach the 2 buttons on the right side of the mouse & the wouldn't accept keybinds! (bought & returned)

Cyborg
    Rat5/7/9 - finally Mac supported, but heard Mac users still have trouble with it. (about to buy)

Steelseries
    XAI - Not supported on Mac. =(

I really just want a practical and ergonomical 7-9 button mouse that I can map for world of warcraft, but just keep striking out. Any suggestions?

2. 266QuadCore thread starter macrumors newbie

Turns out the Cyborg Rat7 is spot on. So if any of you guys out there have been looking for a mouse with good ergonomics PVP mouse this is the way to go and it's had a price reduction since the RAT9 came out (RAT7 but wireless)

Just sucks I had to test so many products and the best buy guys look at me like I'm crazy. lol

3. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Personally I use the Razor Naga and love it. But since that is not your cup of tea might I suggest the Logitech G700? It was my previous one before the Naga and loved it as well.

4. silverpony macrumors newbie

Logitech MX Revolution. Lots of buttons, programmable for specific programs, assign keys to any button etc. Great mouse.