Best 7 inch tablet?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ichneumon, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Ichneumon macrumors member

So, I'm just curious, what are the best 7 inch tablet out there and are they any good? I'm considering maybe buying one in the future, since the iPad just seems to big for what I want to use them for: I want to use it really when I'm on the road and in many cases I don't need to bring a bag, and I'd only bring one for my iPad. Because mobility is a large issue, I'll likely need 3g. I'd also like some storage for a movie or two and my small music collection. So, what's the best out there?

2. speedfreak007 macrumors member

get a nook color. They are cheap (around 225 bucks) and can be rooted (very easy) to run CM7 gingerbread. It has exactly the same specs as a galaxy tab except for the GPS and camera. Honeycomb has been ported to them too, but it's the preview image. But as soon as the source code get released, it will run honeycomb very well.

3. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I bought the BlackBerry PlayBook, it was returned within three days. I have heard the HTC Flyer is a very smooth operating 7" tablet. I'd try that device out.

4. Peteman100 macrumors 6502

If you need 7", I think the HTC flyer is the best choice. The Galaxy Tab is too old at this point, the Playbook still has a very beta OS and the Nook requires hacking in order to function as a full tablet.