Best 8GB Flash Drive?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Doju, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

I'm in the market for a flash drive, and while I only need 8GB at max, I want a fast one with great read/write times. Looking to spend around $30 max.

Criteria:

- Works on Macs and PCs alike (obviously)
    - Fast read/write times (but don't have to be crazy good and over the top, just "good/above average"
    - Preferably thin/narrow - Mac laptops have their USB ports close, so this is a bit important
    - Preferably somewhat rugged (ie: can retract into itself, has a hard shell, not really long and narrow so it snaps, etc.)
    - $30 or under

That's about it. Nothing too crazy, just an above average, 8GB flash drive. Something that allows you to attach like a lanyard or something.

Cheers. Preferably off Newegg.ca or another Canadian site.

2. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

3. Zortrium macrumors 6502

It doesn't obstruct the second USB port on a MacBook if that's what you're worried about. You can't fit two side by side, but I presently have a Logitech mouse receiver plugged into one and my Corsair flash drive plugged into the other.

4. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

sandisk Cruzer Contour

Best drive I've ever owned, it's thin, narrow, retracts and is rugged also comes with a leather pouch, I highly recommend you pick one up, they come in 8gb but for a couple bucks more get the 16gb just in case you wish to expand, shop around prices vary!

Andrew