Best 8Gb Ram for Macbook Pro 15" i5

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djarsalan2006, Dec 28, 2010.

1. djarsalan2006 macrumors regular

Hey guys
    hope you are all having a great holiday and happy new year ..
    im sure this question was asked before, but couldnt find a specific answer.
    i was looking to upgrade my ram / memory to 8gb on my macbook pro 15" i5. i found so many rams out there, but dont know which one is the best one i could get. which one would be the best one ?
    any help is appreciated .

thanks

2. creeman macrumors 6502

Any gskill or corsair or basically anything from owc would be fine.

3. toxic macrumors 68000

all RAM is basically the same, there's really only two or three manufacturers - Samsung and Micron or something and maybe someone else. the difference between cheap RAM and expensive RAM is how much testing is done before it's put on sale...but that isn't to say cheap RAM fails frequently, just less infrequently than expensive RAM.

buy the cheapest RAM you can find. it'll probably be Kingston, G.Skill, or SuperTalent...but those are all brand names anyway. and don't bother buying "Apple" or "Mac" memory, it's just normal memory with a price markup.

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I agree with toxic

Remember ram memory (or flash, or...) is a commodity item. Todays market is so competitive that it's all good for the most part. Any brand can suffer a bad batch. So go with the sage advice of toxic and you will be happy.

Cheers... :)

5. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

I managed to get Mushkin 8GB for $70 last month. NCIX usually has good deals on SODIMM memory.