Best 9.2.2 browser

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Well, I finally did it, I purchased 9.2.2 for my beige G3 PM. It should be here in 10 days. I know that with this "new" OS I can now run MSN Messenger and also I will have the ability to use the right click feature on my mouse and possibly the scrolling wheel on it too. I am however, curious as to what the best browser is...right now I'm using Mozilla 1.2.1 while running OS 8.6 (this is actually what I'm typing this on.) I use this computer all the time for web browsing/email checking/playing starcraft.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
joecool85 said:
Well, I finally did it, I purchased 9.2.2 for my beige G3 PM. It should be here in 10 days. I know that with this "new" OS I can now run MSN Messenger and also I will have the ability to use the right click feature on my mouse and possibly the scrolling wheel on it too. I am however, curious as to what the best browser is...right now I'm using Mozilla 1.2.1 while running OS 8.6 (this is actually what I'm typing this on.) I use this computer all the time for web browsing/email checking/playing starcraft.
check out mozilla.. this is the latest stable release for os 9

http://www.mozilla.org/releases/old-releases-1.1-1.4rc3.html

Attachments

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Yeah, it probably is...I think I'll stick with it. Anyone know how to give it a different icon? It just has the stock application icon.

GanChan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2005
gwuMACaddict said:
wow... 8.6... seriously?

my old performa boots up in 7... but i haven't used it for anything in ages...
I was using 8.5 on my Rev A Bondi iMac until about a month ago, when the CRT fried itself. And my browser was IE 4.5!! :eek:

Much happier with the Mini, Safari, and Panther. :)

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
I've heard Opera is good, and a lot of people rave about it. But I just haven't tried it yet. I think that when OS 9.2.2 and the rest of my stuff gets here I will probably download it and try it out. Regardless I will probably still have Mozilla on there. I like having multiple browsers to chose from even if I only use one 99% of the time.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Mozilla would be my choice, and I love iCab. iCab also has the ability to prefilter out graphics, so it is very blind and disability friendly. Also screen reads do well with it.