Best Accessories for 15" MPB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tvick47, May 22, 2010.

1. tvick47 macrumors newbie

I just bought a new MBP (Lowest end 15", only with a higher res screen) and LOVE IT!

But, I need to know, what are some awesome accessories?

I got the magic mouse with it, and I like it a lot too.

Also, a silicon keyboard cover but I don't really like it much.

So I have a couple questions, and need some suggestions.

I want a Firewire 800 drive, at least 1TB. What would be best?

Also, a good sleeve/carrying case is needed.

Do you recommend an Apple keyboard? or something else. I believe I'll get the wired since I'll only have it at my desk, and could use the hub.

Anything else? I wanted a henge dock, but they're only available for the 13" as of now.

Anything else you'd recommend? Thanks.

2. 2056 macrumors 6502

i went with a neoprene incase sleeve, but have not yet received it.

i also wanted the apple keyboard with the numeric keypad, but i didn't want the wire clutter. i ended up getting the hp elite wireless keyboard and it's been great. very slim like the apple keyboard, check it out.

if you're afraid of scratches on the palm rest like i am, you might also want to check out the moshi palmguard. it blends very well with the mbp. http://store.apple.com/us/product/TW022LL/A

3. tvick47 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll prolly get that palm rest. But I want a keyboard that natively supports OS X, I don't like having to press the windows key for command.

And I'll look at that sleeve.

Anything else?

4. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

for a fw800 drive I recommend the WD studio edition. It's competitively priced and would blend into your setup well. Its also very mac friendly

5. tvick47 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was also looking at this, as the My Book Studio Edition is a little pricey.

Any suggestions for a dock/stand? I plan to have this at my desk with an external monitor, whether or not it serves and the primary or a secondary doesn't matter to me.