Best Accessorries For iPod Touch Owner

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by atticus18244fsa, Jul 30, 2008.

1. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

I got my 32GB iPod Touch the first week it came out. For a couple days after that I used it without a case because I had no clue what I was looking for. I finally found some great accessories and thought you guys might want to know about them because they seriously are amazing!!!

Accessory
    Tuffwrap
    Manufacturer
    XtremeMac
    Link
    http://www.xtrememac.com/cases/touch/tuffwrap/index.php
    Picture
    [​IMG]

I only got this case as a temporary solution until I could get a case I actually wanted. I didn't like how it looked and I hated the gray ridges on the back. After using it for a couple months I can clearly say this is the best case I have ever used for any iPod. All the holes for the ports are perfectly fitted and when used with the next accessory it makes my iPod Touch basically invinsible. It doesn't have any cutouts for the home or sleep button because use just press on the rubber/silicone/whatever the material is which allows no dust or dirt to get on the Touch. (This case comes with one of the below accessory bundled with it if I remember correctly)

Accessory
    Tuffshield
    Manufacturer
    XtremeMac
    Link
    http://www.xtrememac.com/cases/tuffshield/index.php
    Picture
    [​IMG]
    (The picture shows the iPhone version but they have an iPod Touch version as well)

This thing is amazing!!! I got these before I got m iPod Touch because I knew that I wanted to protect my screen the second I got it. I was skeptical because I though the touch screen would be less responsive or hard to use with it on there but it isn't. The package comes with three covers and a little cloth. I don't ever have to worry about having dirty fingers because it is so easy just to clean off. If you have an iPod Touch I don't know how you lie without these. I just give it a little rub with my iPod cloth and the inlcuded cloth every once and a while and there are no marks ever. This is the best accessory ever!

Accessory
    Leather Folio
    Manufacturer
    Belkin
    Link
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=390191
    Picture
    [​IMG]

This is the original case I wanted. I lovedhow it looked but it was really hard to find in any store so I had to order it online (Amazon). This isn't an amazing case but it does the job. I use this case when I leave the house and want to take the iPod Touch with me. The ports aren't perfectly accessible and the way the case works is kinda annoying but it is great if you want an extra layer of protection over your screen incase you bump into a corner or something. This case also comes with a screen protector but it doesn't look like it would fit the screen as good.

Hope this helps new and old iPod Touch owners with choosing the best cases. I highly suggest the top two items and even though it seems like I work for one of the companies I don't the products are just really good!

By the way this is my first real post not in the comments or new articles.

2. itsm3cmg macrumors member

I had this case for a while until someone stole my iPod Touch. This case is very cool and is actually very comfortable. I bought the case at BestBuy.(I also got a new ipod touch and use a case with a stand on it)

Attached Files:

3. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

Nice, that a pretty good case, cept the color definitely doesn't go with the Touch lol.

4. sunandsurf macrumors regular

i searched best buy's site but couldn't find the product you're referring to; can you find the link?

thanks.

5. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Personal preference, I suppose!

6. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

How much do those Tuffskins run for? Are they worth the cost?

7. atticus18244fsa thread starter macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

The Tuffskins go for 14.99 I think for 3 of them and a cleaning cloth. I haven't had to replace mine and I don't really see why you would so I'm not sure why it comes with three. Seriously these things are some of the ebst money I have ever spent. It protects my screen from dirt/grease/water, is super easy to just wipe off and helps my finger easily glide around. They are pretty sweet.

8. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Word. It comes with three... do you need all three? Are they durable? Do they stay on well?

9. atticus18244fsa thread starter macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

I have mine on with that case I listed and I don't think I will ever have to take it off. It's so easy to clean and it stuck on there very well (no residue). The only hard part is getting it on perfect. I took about half an hour to get mine on. First you need to position it perfectly. Then you need to squeeze out the air bubbles. I swear I learned every technique of getting. rid of air bubbles. Make sure once you put it on you don't peel it back because it will get dusty and dirty on the sticky side and then you will have to use another one. I did mine in one try but my brothers took 2 protectors because I screwed up the first. If you just want one protector get that one black and gray case for $20 and it also comes with one screen protector. They work so well together

10. danimal99 macrumors regular

I've had my Touch for a couple of weeks now. I didn't have a case at first, which was a mistake, because after a day, the back was already scuffed up. I have no idea how, because I don't think I could have babied it anymore than I did.

So I first got a Griffin Flexgrip, because the local Wal Mart had them, which would have worked great except that the long sides bulge in the middle. I think they just didn't reinforce them enough when they designed it. The grip on the back is a medium gray, but it stays in your hand very well. It also came with one of those nice screen protectors and I have it on still.

But because of the bulge, and not wanting to get a lot of dust inside the case, I ordered a Speck ArmorSkin, which I am very happy with. It feels safe, it grips well, doesn't look weird, and doesn't bulge. It came with a screen protector as well, which I am saving for the future.

[​IMG]

I might eventually get something like an iClear case just to have one, but I'm right now more than satisfied. It looks sweet, but I don't really like the idea of advertising my Touch anymore than I need to anyway. You never know what other people are thinking.

11. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Does the rubbery-ness of it attract lent or dust?

12. itsm3cmg macrumors member

13. danimal99 macrumors regular

Nothing you can't quickly brush or blow off. I keep it in my pocket most of the time, it is pretty much clean whenever I pull it out.