best accidental warranty plan for macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by loneranger76, Aug 27, 2012.

1. loneranger76 macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2010
    hey guys im purchasing a new macbook today and i was wondering what is the best warranty plan for accidental damage (like spills and drops). i usually have pretty bad luck with electronics so i dont want to take a risk. can someone please recommend me which way to go? i heard square trade was good with this stuff but i want to hear more opinions and suggestions. thanks
  2. pingfan59 macrumors member

Aug 9, 2011
    I have square trade for my ipad, some have said state farm or your insurance provider offer specialty policies for $40 to $50 a year, not sure what accidents these policies might cover.

I just bought applecare for my mbp and have a speck satin on it and a vyper m3 hardcase for transporting it. Its a year old and still looks new.
  3. SlyMac macrumors 6502

Jun 16, 2008
    The only accidental damage plan that I've hear of people using and recommending is the warranty offered by Square Trade. The only accidental warranty I've ever purchased is the AppleCare+ for my iPad.
  4. alphaod macrumors Core

Feb 9, 2008
    I've heard that Best Buy's plan is pretty good as well from friends and many online, but I've never personally used it.