Best Ad-blocking for Safari 5.1?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nope7308, Aug 28, 2011.

1. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

The Ad-Block extension for Safari completely sucks. Sometimes it stops working altogether and I have to disable/enable the extension. Even when it is working properly, I find that it doesn't block all ads (embedded video ads drive me nuts). The firefox equivalent is a million times better.

Anyhow, what would be a simple but effective alternative? I had a different ad-blocking software installed before, which was slightly better (not great), but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

3. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

Can i specify with glimmer blocker to block a specific banner or image? :(

4. Tutorer macrumors member

Yes, create rules. You can paste the complete path to an image into the host field and it flows into the path field as necessary.

Attached Files:

5. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I have AdBlock installed and its fine :confused:

Stupid question but i'm guessing you got it from the safari extension gallery and not a 3rd party site?

6. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

hm. okay. i'll keep giving it a try, but something tells me i'll prefer the ease of Adblock's right click, block image much more. :eek:

i was using Adblock and it was fine too, but jw if glimmer block might work better.