Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, when I asked a sales in Apple Store about the adapter to connect an iPad PRO to a 4K display, she told me that honestly speaking, she knows nothing as she is not a technical person. She just sells things. She asked another guy. He recommended a lightning to hdmi adapter. I asked if the images would look ugly on a 4K display as the iPad PRO does not support 4K. He said that it would look beautiful and there is no need to worry. I asked if the connection would be at 60Hz. He said that the IPP 2017 supports 120Hz on its screen but when connected to a 4K monitor, it will be running at 60Hz. I asked about the version of HDMI cable. He said that any would do fine.

I just plugged in my IPP to my LG 43" 4K monitor . The home screen alone looks unclear and ugly on the 4K monitor. Is there a way to change the settings? Will the situation improves if I use some kind of lightning to displayport adapter?

The sound is excellent though!

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Jul 14, 2016
I have found that if you buy an cable that is NOT Apple...it does now work well...found that out today..had cable to connect ipod shuffle....would not show up in mac.....then used a gen. apple and it shows up now....

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
The one they suggested me to buy is: Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter

Is there a better one that produces better image quality?

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Jul 14, 2016
I have an apple thunder with ethernet on the other side.....but for some reason..it is not working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.