Best AIM app for 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cparkphoto, Apr 15, 2009.

1. cparkphoto macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A280f Safari/525.20)

Anybody tested a plethora of messaging apps and found out which is the most compatible with 3.0? Beejive certainly crashes a ton. I don't have the cash to have a device dedicated for testing my apps so I am stuck resting on my personal phone and would like to figure out what messaging app seems to be the mist compatible with the betas so far. Thanks!

2. sallythemac Guest

Nimbuzz has been fine for me so far on 3.0 Beta 2.

3. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

I think Meebo is going to be the winner out of the gate because they got a sneak preview of 3.0 before most developers. It already has push and supports almost all IM networks.

4. Raidel macrumors member

too bad meebo doesnt have their app out yet for us to try out! (besides the web-based version)

5. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

No, thats because they had 3.0...so they made an app from scratch. BeeJive would simply be updating and improving the bugs even more.

The only reason why meebo doesn't craash is because it's native to the 3.0...BeeJive right now on the developer's computer probably has push working and doesn't crash.