Best AirPrint Compatible Printer?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bob616, Aug 7, 2011.

1. bob616 macrumors 6502

Hi everyone, I am looking to buy a new printer today and was planning on getting one that is AirPrint Compatible, so that I can print from my iPad as well as my computer. What do you guys recommend for an AirPrint compatible printer? I use my current printer mostly to print out text documents, scan/copy documents and photos, and the occasionally I will print an edited photo.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

2. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

Hey, I've got an hp all in one d110 printer, does a good job and is so easy to use with airprInt! Scanner, fax, remote print, photo print, card reader, wifi...

Shop around for it, I paid like $50 for it!

3. ascNYC macrumors member

HP Envy

I just recently purchased a new i7 iMac and chose the HP Envy printer. It works flawlessly with my iMac, iPhone, and iPad. The toner is not the cheapest but like you I got it for occasional printing, photos, scanning, etc. It's got one of the best designs and doesn't look like a traditional printer. With my rebate I paid like $150 but I believe you can find a similar deal shopping around without the rebate.

4. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

5. Simbazz macrumors regular

Any of the HP wifi printers are a good choice. I've recently got the HP photosmart, its impressively good. Photos are of a decent/high quality, scanning is quick and easy, and using the iPad and iPhone to print things off is seamless!

I also get the days headlines at night using the applications inside the printer. (I could just browse it online but I'm still amazed by the printer doing it, I waste a piece of paper and ink every day :)).

6. -Ken- macrumors regular

HP Envy, works with my Macs, PC's, HP Touchpad and iPad.

7. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

8. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

The best printer is to get the printer of your choice and then the program "Printopia." I have been using printopia since the introduction of the iPad 2 and have never had a problem - it's great. Check it out with the free trial.

9. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Been looking at the Envy for some time.

The inherent problems with HP printers is what's holding me back from purchasing.

10. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

HP seems to be the only option?

I just bought an iPad2 and it did not detect my old Epson printer that I have connected to my Airport Express. After searching for a couple of days, I found an app called AirPrint Activator v2. I installed it on my MBP, synced the iPad2 and it immediately found the Epson. I just hope that you're not ditching another printer just to utilize AirPrint.

11. Bluethree macrumors regular

Bluethree

Just took delivery a week or two back of a HP Laser jet CP1525NW as I can't tolerate drying injets no longer. £143 delivered on Amazon UK and really pleased. Personally laser jets have dropped back in price that it's now the best home option - in my circumstances anyways.

12. mpaquette macrumors regular

I'm thinking of purchasing an HP printer. What are types of problems do they have?

13. david77 macrumors regular

Just bought one of these today and was able to print a test page, but now when I try to print from any app it does not connect to the printer and says that it is offline even though it "sees" it. Any suggestions?

14. unbiased macrumors newbie

unbiased

HP Color Laserjet CP1525NW

I really really like this printer... bought it on sale for $174.99 (+ tax) - fantastic price for this ePrint, Airprint, wireless printer... Toner $$ sucks, but the printer was incredibly easy to setup.

When I bought it - there was a sale - $75 off instantly plus and additional $50 coupon advertised on the site - so awesome deal.

15. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

For everyone's knowledge, tonight at midnight macupdate's promo will feature printopia which I mentioned in my other post is imo the best way to airprint.

16. saberahul macrumors 68040

I have the same one expect I paid $40 for it (hehe). All in all, it works very well. I just wish the iPad had a setting for Fast Draft printing so I wouldn't need to buy so much ink all the time.