Best AirPrint printers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mantic, Jan 14, 2012.

1. mantic macrumors 6502a

My printer finally ate it, so I need a new one ASAP. I've looked into the HP 7510 and cannon PIXMA MG6220--which seem to get decent reviews (aside from operating costs). Are there any printers that you would recommend over these? I'm not looking to spend over $200 and would like to keep it around $150 if possible.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

As far as I know..HP envy AKA E range. True wireless connectivity comes with a price.

Can be obtained via a few apps. also.

3. John T, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012

John T macrumors 68020

John T

I shall soon be in the same position! It really depends on what you want the printer for - general run of the mill stuff or lab quality photo printing? AirPrint seems to be gaining in popularity nowadays and a large number of printers offer this facility together with WiFi. In my experience, for general use, there's not a lot to choose between all the major suppliers. However, for photo printing, it has always been accepted that Epson Stylus Photoprinters lead the field.

I don't want to spend too much either and I'm tempted with either the Epson Stylus SX535WD or the Epson Stylus Photo PX730WD which both feature AirPrint and WiFi and are available from Apple but cheaper from Amazon!

4. mantic thread starter macrumors 6502a

I need to purchase the printer in the next day or two. Please, if you have any suggestions or pertinent information--post it up.

5. njaremka macrumors 6502

i have a canon mg5320, and its works just fine. i can print from my iphone with no issues.

6. mantic thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just updating this thread. I went with the Epson Stylus NX430--got it for $79 with the $30 off coupon at Staples. Set up was a breeze, and I can now print from all my devices (windows machines, iPads, iPhones, and MBP) wirelessly. As long as it doesn't break i think it will be a winner.