Best All-in-one Expresscard/34 Card Reader?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by puma1552, Aug 3, 2009.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

I used to do DSLR photography with CF, but fell out of love with it and sold it, so now it's back to regular old SD for my point and shoot.

I'm looking for a card reader that obviously supports SD, but I'd like some type of all-in-one so I can throw most anything at it. I'd also like it to be flush with the computer when inserted.

Best reader?

2. Lounge Deluxe macrumors regular

3. yaroldb macrumors 6502

4. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

The Apple Store (only brick-and-mortar) sells a Belkin Card Reader:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=405356

The Apple Store in Copley sells them for $35. Most of the not-know-name-brand cards (like those sold at MicroCenter) sell for $29 - $39, so you're not spending much extra money. I've been looking for one myself and the Belkin is the only one I have found in stores at that price point.

Might go pick it up today now that I see its not the over-priced. I use a flash card for my DS and a mem card in my PSP, so not having to plug in random USB adapters (and wipe out my SD Card by knocking it out of the USB port while writing to it) would be great. Also, the increased read/write speed would be nice for larger files.

Edit: I take back what I said. Went by Apple Store yesterday and I couldn't find the card reader anywhere. Sales people said they used to carry them. Swear I saw it this weekend though.