*BEST* All-in-One, Wireless, Printer/Scanner/Fax of 2014?!!?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lip5016, Oct 6, 2014.

1. lip5016 macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a new, home printer.. I am looking for the *BEST* All-in-One, Wireless, Printer/Scanner/Fax of 2014!!!

Here are my requirements:
    -$100-$250 (pref. ~$150)
    -All-in-One (printer, scanner, fax, copy)
    -Wireless or Bluetooth connectivity
    -Prints fast
    -Will be used for things like printing e-mails, internet articles, HQ photos..
    -Something that could interact with iPhone 5s
    -*NOT* A MASSIVE GOOZYGAM that's gona take up my entire desk!

So far from my research, it looks to be that the "mosts popular" brands are:
    -Canon
    -Epson
    -HP
    -Brother

Can anybody recommend me a nice, wireless or bluetooth, All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copy, Fax for under $250? (*preferably closer to $150*)

cheers!

2. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

Do you really need a FAX in 2014 !? :)

3. lip5016 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah.. that's exactly what i thought! was on the phone w the health insurance company the other day and needed to get a receipt adjusted to credit me back.. and they told me i had to *FAX* it.. i was like, uhhh.. can't i just scan it or take a pic w iPhone and email it to you? and they were lame and said no, it has to be fax..

kinda funny how many of these "MAJOR" corporations are still living in the stone age :rolleyes:

4. silvetti, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I had a similar story, although it was last year.

To quit my local internet provider I had to fax them a letter saying I wanted to resign the contract blablabla.
    Funny story, the provider is huge (whole country coverage) and they had 1 fax number which was busy most of the time as you can imagine. Took me 3 hours with redials to eventually get through :D

5. lip5016 thread starter macrumors regular

hahaha it's really gotten out of hand .. my dad's the last person in the world who cares about upgrading or technology (never owned a cell phone, never will lol) .. after about 2 years of me bitching at him, i finally got him to upgrade from 56k (he lives in a very very small town out in the woods of Maine) to high-speed.. i don't even know how any body could live like that, but hey.. i'm 26 and i remember the AOL days when if you were the guy who had a connection that could average 4kB/s, well then, you sir.. you were the ****in man hahahah

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I use last years model of this Canon MX472 that meets all your requirements and it has worked well for me.

7. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

I have a Brother laser printer and I hooked it up to my router so it prints wirelessly. Granted Routers that usually have a usb port aren't cheap, and all scanning has been done with a scanning app on my phone. I find it to be easier.

8. JuryDuty macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

I have one of the latest Canon's and while it's a great printer, I find it constantly disconnects from my Airport Extreme. So irritating. You have to turn it off and back on to reconnect. I'd think the fault is with the Airport except I have a LOT of wireless connections to it and none of them drop except this one. For that reason I'd stay away from a Canon.

9. NOTNlCE macrumors 6502a

NOTNlCE

I'm researching the same thing. I've had two HPs die on me in the past few years (to be fair, one lasted about 5 years) and I need a good All In One for my parents' house. Obviously, I'd like to stay away from HP. Anyone have recommendations? I'll check out that Cannon. Thanks.

10. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I had an HP that was doing the same thing...after getting sick of always having to go into the room where the printer was to cycle its power, I did some research on it....seems that model had a sleep feature, that even though you turned it off, it stayed enabled until I downloaded later firmware. No more issues with that printer being ready when I need it. Canon might have something similar.

11. JuryDuty macrumors 6502

JuryDuty

Yeah, I've checked and there's no new firmware for my model. It's crazy because it'll literally stop working between two print jobs sent from the same program, two minutes apart. It's like I have to reset it after every single print job. But other than that, it works great! :D

12. flynz4 macrumors 68040

IMHO, this is like asking for the best Swiss Army Knife. The result is still:
    • Worlds worst screwdriver
    • Worlds worst saw
    • Worlds worst can opener
    • etc

It is a viable category... but recognize the limitations.

/Jiim