Best and fastest video converter?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andyACEcandy, Feb 23, 2008.

1. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

Anyone know of a good video converter to get videos on my ipod touch?

Thanks

I'm not toooooo concerned with quality as long as it's not horrible

2. skaterxx macrumors newbie

I personall like 3gp_converter there are many types of formats in which you can convert your videos to like ipod format.

3. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

4. EdwardsNH macrumors member

PC or Mac?

mediacenter makes a nice one for the PC that is just for the iPhone/Touch, but it's still a little buggy. I've been trying different ones for years, and still haven't found one I'm completely satisfied with.

I believe iSquint fills the niche for Mac

Handbrake is probably the best for DVDs for both PC and Mac in most people's opinion.

5. franzmueller macrumors regular

I use handbrake for my Mac but i don´t think that the program is so important rather than the Hardware... i own a G4 ibook 1,2 Ghz and 1 Gb ram and it takes around 12 hours to rip a DVD ....

Saludos

Franz

6. EdwardsNH macrumors member

True dat'

I can't wait to update my computer. For now it's set up... go to bed... ready when I get back from work.

ps - The bugginess of mediacoder seems to be with mastroka ????sp??? files only, but I would really like those to work with whatever I use to convert.

It does let me select language track, and that's the only one I know of for the PC. What about on a Mac?

7. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

handbrake does take a little bit of time, but it is so easy and very strait forward and the end results for me were exactly what i wanted them to be!

8. i.maverick macrumors regular

i.maverick

mac os x : visual hub (isquint = free)
    xp/vista : dunno n dn care.
    ha!

9. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

it took me an hour to convert a 750mb movie today... i guess thats fine since i only watch full movies on my ipod when im on a long trip or something

what kind of videos do you guys put on ur ipods besides movies?

10. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Now that would be telling...

11. Coocoon macrumors newbie

DVDfab

:D:D:apple: Hey! I've been using DVDfab, and is great. Great picture and it rips movies in about 10 mins depending on how long the movie is and it can even add the subtitles. It will break through any encoding, so basically it will rip any DVD movie out there. I think the website is dvdfab.com if not just google it. Good luck!!!! :apple::eek::apple: