Best and Loudest speaker dock for Iphone 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maf2k8, Jul 14, 2009.

1. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

I currently own a Iphone 3GS. I went to best buy and tried out some dock units ( about 90% of them worked with the 3GS )

Some sounded ok and others sounded good, but did not get really all that loud. I mainly use it for when friends come by and what not, so i like to have my music pretty loud while also sounding good.

Could anyone recomment any good speaker docks that work with the 3GS, Are loud AND sound good?

thanks!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Your best off just getting a pair of computer speakers or powered bookshelves and plugging your iPhone in via the headphone jack. It will probably be cheaper. What's the price range, because there are def. some very nice docks, but you are overpaying drastically.

3. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Yea I'm looking for something like this too. I need something loud enough to play outside and tick my neighbors off if at all possible, in about the $150-200 range if anyone knows of any. Basically something that can get LOUD and not distorted. :)

4. gg4 macrumors newbie

Hmm... I'm not sure if these would be loud enough for outdoor use but, the LiveSpeakr's are pretty good.
    (They use the headphone jack)

http://www.livespeakr.com/
    Looks like they are still on sale for $15 off. :]

5. pirate6955 macrumors newbie

Bose sound dock portable plays very loud and is very durable. However it is pricey. I use a dock extender though as I have the otterbox case. It is not a problem.

6. pmbooks macrumors regular

pmbooks

I have some great speakers that I bought for my MBP, connects via usb; can these be used (usb/3.5mm adapter?)?

7. ddzc, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011

ddzc macrumors newbie

Sorry guys, had to bump this up. I'm looking for a boombox style docking station (for the beach) for ipod and iphones. What's recommended? Best Quality sound and LOUDEST :) Also, can't be too big and bulky, cant fill my entire suitcase up lol

P.S, I found this: Logitech S315i and Logitech S715i. Not sure how good it is, can't find the speaker specs anywhere..

Thanks