Best Android phone call quality wise?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by anderszz, May 27, 2014.

1. anderszz, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014

anderszz macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have been an iPhone user since 2007 and today I have an old and well used iPhone 4. The phone is slow and battery life not up to par what I expect the phone to deliver (I must charge during the day) even though I never play any games.

What I really like with my old Betsy is the quality when it comes to listening to music and making calls. Especially I like that I can crank up the volume to fit my liking.

My question is which of today's android phones that has sound quality and call quality that matches the quality iPhone produces?

I can reveal as a side note that I had a galaxy note 2 for 2 months and besides the fact that the phone was too big for my taste the volume in calls and through headphones was too low (but well balanced). Is it better on the S5?

2. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

Moto X or Moto G.

3. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Anything by Motorola. They've been in the radio and telecomms business for 85 years and they get it right.

4. dizmonk macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat.. I've heard the M8 is great. That's where I'm headed.

5. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Call quality is excellent on S5 but speaker is crap compared to M8.

6. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

The speaker and call quality on my Moto X is WONDERFUL. I can set my phone in the center of the dash of my car (above the radio) and have a conversation with someone using speaker.

7. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

The Moto X for earpiece call quality and the HTC One M8 for speaker. Both great phones, the Moto X did get slightly better reception and the HTC One seems to have better noise cancelation. I would lean towards the Moto X though if call quality is at the top of your list.

8. RMXO macrumors 6502a

With the latest TMO NE6 firmware, I get great call quality with HD Voice (don't remember if I had HD voice on previous TMO firmware or not) on my Note 3. Can't wait for VoLTE in my area.

9. Heavy Fluid macrumors 6502

Moto X! Absolutely wonderful call quality. I have been complimented on it several times by different people.

10. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

The Moto X has pretty good voice quality according to the reviews I've gone through.

11. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Uh, phone call quality has almost nothing to do with the phone itself, except for maybe how good the speaker phone is at high volume.

The carrier controls the bit rate of voice calls and these decisions are mostly made automatically to balance QoS vs other loads on the cell network.

If you want the best quality then make a video or voice call with an app that uses data, like hangouts.