best app for BURN? (I hate toast)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by umbilical, May 3, 2012.

1. umbilical macrumors 6502a

hi, whats the best app for burn on mac? I like burn .iso with disk utility (when I have .iso's) is possible burn folders or simple .zip files with disk utility?

toast crashes a lot... and even some disc say "passed the verification" and dont work... I dont feel trust in that app... I like the option of "works on pc and mac" but I want feel secure, whats the best app???

thanks

2. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

3. umbilical thread starter macrumors 6502a

if its not possible burn files, folders etc... with disk utility? burn with the normal "New Burn Folder" (you know with finder) is the same "machine" that disk utility use for burn .iso's ?

4. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

Actually, it's very possible to burn files and folders with disk utility if you don't mind doing the extra steps, which involves creating a .dmg file and using the same method to burn that image to a disk as you would with an .iso file once you have copied your files and folders into the image.

It's just that using Finder makes things a bit simpler. Whether or not it mimics the same process I've described above and uses the Disk Utility under the hood is something I don't know.