Best app for burning DVDs and a few basic questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Watabou, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Hi guys,

Just further exploring my macbook pro. OS X has amazed me and it is so easy to do things on a mac. But I had a question.
    Just wondering what app you guys use to burn DVDs on a mac. I haven't really found a good one so can anyone suggest me one? On Windows, I used Roxio which was fairly easy to navigate and easy to use.

Anything on the mac side?

(also i found out that I really love typing on the mbp keyboard, which is partly the reason why i wrote up this fairly long post :p)

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

the Finder can burn DVD's and it's free :D if you want something more advanced there is Toast or Dragon Burn

3. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Finder can burn DVDs? That's new to me. I didn't know that. Let me have a look.

Yes I created a Burn folder which lets me burn a disc. This is so cool. A dvd burner built right into the finder. Ingenious.

Also, my macbook pro gets fairly hot, even if it is penryn and right now, the CPU A is at 126 and the GPU diode is at 142 degrees fahrenheit. is that normal? Also, I tried downloading smc fan control but it says that my system is incompatible..
    Thanks for the help though.

4. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Are you doing something CPU intensive to have it at that temp? I'm not entire sure what that is in Celsius but it actually isn't that bad. I know the GPU diode is usually significantly higher than the CPU.

Make sure you get the lastest SMC fan control, version 2.1.2 is the one I have. Then it should work. After just waking MBP from sleep it shows 35C and if i'm just surfing the web then it'll prolly hover around 40C. When I'm using Handbrake and 100% CPU, then it would go up to 70C which is about 167F.

-JoE