Best App for Making DVD Covers?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by godslabrat, Feb 4, 2009.

1. godslabrat macrumors 6502

Hi all

I'm looking for an app that will let me design covers for DVD cases. Nothing super fancy, but one that will generate high-dpi results and let me create reusable templates. Most importantly, something that won't lock me into a "Wizard" mode. I've tried a few of these programs on the Windows side, and find that they're usually so constricting that your covers look generic, or they require you to be an Adobe Illustrator expert just to get anything done. I'd love to find something in between, and made for Mac.

Thanks

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

The one that I constantly use (not just for DVD covers but CD jewel case inserts and printable CD/DVDs) is Discus by Magic Mouse Software.

A bit of an add interface (not really Mac and not really PC) and some incredibly annoying sound effects which thank goodness can be easily turned off, but a great deal of flexibility, templates for almost any brand inserts, etc. make it great to use. The full verson also comes with several hundred megs of predesigned backgrounds which you can add text and other artwork over.

You can check it out here - they have a video tour and a fully functioning demo with a limited art database to download too.