Best app for managing band business?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Jjudge8u, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Jjudge8u macrumors newbie

I have a fairly successful local band. Due to our success I have decided to start organizing everything and running it as a business.
    I am looking for an app that can handle scheduling of events and be able to tie payment for shows as well as payments for the band members in relation to each show.
    Any suggestions?

2. pravacreative macrumors newbie

pravacreative

Can you elaborate a bit on what you're doing?

For scheduling, do you mean an internal calendar for band members to use, or a publicly available booking/scheduling system for clubs/promoters to use?

For managing payments, again, is this for each member to split payments for performances/sales or for promoters/clubs to pay you for appearances?

I'm not sure if there's a true all-in-one solution, but this can definitely be done.

3. Jjudge8u thread starter macrumors newbie

Basically, what I am doing right now is keeping track of the shows and what we are getting paid in the ipad calendar app. Then I created an excel spreadsheet (a simple one) that shows the show we played, how much we were paid, and what I need to pay out to each band member and if I paid them and if it was via cash or check.
    It's not hard, but I would love to be able to manage all of that from one, say calendar based application. If possible. At least be able to track on my ipad, if not tied to the calendar, what, when and and where the show was, how much we were paid, which band members played that night (multiple band members to cover various nights) and how much they are owed from that show and if they were paid with cash or check.

4. pravacreative macrumors newbie

pravacreative

It sounds to me like you're on the right track.

If you don't need to actually process payments with it, I'd suggest making your own calendar with Numbers and tracking everything there. Just make a new one for each month. At the end of the month you can print it out and file it away if needed, or just keep it in iCloud.
    SpreadSheet.jpg
    You could probably go crazy and input functions to calculate everything too, but I'd imagine that's total overkill.

You can then share the Numbers document with everyone (if you want to) and they can see it as it's updated. If it's just for you to use for tracking and analysis then that's probably not necessary either.

You can still use the iPad calendar for sharing and invites like you always have, but this would give you quick access to the info you're looking for on your iPad as well. It's pretty much what you're already doing, but Numbers is iPad/Mac/iPhone based so it will work from there.

5. Oakbridge macrumors newbie

I'm biased, but you may want to look at Daylite. It allows you to tie in your contacts, schedule, tasks, projects, etc. It might be overkill or you may appreciate the convenience.

Feel free to PM with any questions.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Check out the free version of Zoho CRM. Web-based with mobile app availability.