best app for measuring walking (not running) and showing GPS and whatnot

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by madeirabhoy, Oct 14, 2017.

1. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

im too old (ok lazy) to start running but should walk more. whats the best apps for measuring this

2. MJ22 macrumors regular

I’m an avid runner and I actually just like the native Workout app the best. It gives me time, pace, and distance, and also shows heart rate. When you stop the workout on the watch it saves it to the Activity app on your phone where it shows more data. These are all the things that are most important to me!

3. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

4. madeirabhoy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm finding the nike one does look good and it does what I want, ie record how far I walk and show a pretty gps map. I can tell its exasperated with me though that I don't burst into a run and its a bit embarrassing when it talks out loud when you stop to look in a shop window.

5. twinlight macrumors 6502a

twinlight

Native workout app works great and it also gives you a map of your route. You get to close the rings, you get your steps added and can also go back and look at the map where you did go faster or slower.

6. AppleKarma macrumors regular

I use Pedometer++ because it has a complication, so I can easily see on the watch face (without opening the app) how many steps I took already.

7. ZebraDude macrumors 65816

ZebraDude