Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micke1967

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
Hi after the update to IOS8.0 iPhoto dissapeared and was replased with "Photos"
On my iPad Air that application is totally useless...
Theres no functions at all really and I cant even view the photo albums..
And even worse when I synched with my iMac the other day 90% of all photos where gone in some failed attempt to synch from iPhoto...

So I hate that app and will delete it now and reimport all photos..

However I need a good app for viewing photos in a good way that allows me to browse albums in a good way.
Best is if it would allow albums named as per the folders I have the photos in from beginning..

So please all whats your best tip on a good photo app for my iPad Air on IOS 8???

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
I wish there was an iphoto eqivalent. I cant find one either. Im so disappointed with this latest ios release. I used the brush feature in iphoto to blur backgrounds in portraits. Can't do that anymore. Apple is going in the wrong direction and if things continue to degrade and lack innovation I will jump to Windows OS.

Burger Thing

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2009
Around the World
Ditto. I was just looking for a replacement of Photos as well. It is laughable, how bad and ugly that application is. My albums seem to be randomly sorted, then the bright white background with huge spaces in between, etc.

I hate to say it, but my Android phone has much gallery apps then iOS for iPad.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Take a look at PhotosInfoPro. It's main purpose is editing metadata, but I like it for viewing photos as well.

Or Photo Shack. It's a photo organizer and it does other stuff as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.