Best App for tagging/searching Scanned PDF's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tdmac, Dec 29, 2009.

1. tdmac macrumors 6502

Over the past year, I have been scanning in all of my bills, personal stuff, etc and filing them away in folders and sub folders and sub folders. As I am doing this I am seeing how this can quickly become an issue to quickly find and/or file stuff away. I don't think my scanner makes searchable PDF's. Its a HP officejet where I can scan and save directly to my NAS. Not sure if I should go with a different scanner solution. But at least looking for software that would allow me to organize better/more efficiently and/or tag (to find relavent stuff without the need for tons of folder/sub folders).

Any recommendations?

2. Jason Edwards macrumors regular

3. tdmac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I did stumble upon this application before. What confuses me is the similarities between some of their applications, like YEP and LEAP. What is the real difference? I see for $10 more you can get the 4 apps. At least Deep and fresh I can see they are specialized for what they seach for.

4. juliainor macrumors member

I use Yep and am very happy with. I got it with the MacUpdate winter bundle, so didn't really consider buying it vs. Leap. Though I concur with the confusion about what the difference is between the two... if anyone can clear that up, I'd love to know!

5. tdmac thread starter macrumors 6502

I did some more digging. Seems that when they were working on YEP 2.0 they ended up creating LEAP. While both will do tagging of PDF's & Documents, this is YEP's sole function. Of course they are now on the 2.0 version of that software.

LEAP seems to be more for tagging and searching for all sorts of files but YEP I think has more functions solely for documents.

6. chkdg8 macrumors 6502