Best App for the iPhone/Touch by far is...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by TyrannoJack, Jan 8, 2008.

1. TyrannoJack macrumors member

The Last.fm App.

If you have a Last.fm account for the love of all that is good download this App. It can be found in the installer it's called MobileScrobbler I think.

It's got all the functionality of the actual computer app. It's incredible!

You can type in an artist into the search bar and click play similar artists and it will use WiFi to play full songs and all that just like the computer app. It scrobbles your songs and if you are not in a WiFi enabled area is queues them and then scrobbles them once you get into a WiFi area.

It is truly an incredible app. Even if you don't have an account you should check it out, I think it would still work.

2. pimmysays macrumors member

Its a really good app, probably 2nd best though. I love iphysics, nothing beats it.

3. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Is this similar to Pandora? If so, im interested.

4. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

iPhysics!!

I completely agree with you on this one!! iPhysics is a great app that has captured my attention since i downloaded it...

5. McGiord, Jan 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

6. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

ok...

OK dude. Obviously installer.app is the best... but it doesn't really count because it is the app that allows you to access ALL of the other app's via different sources that are provided. So... yeah. :D

7. phoenix.stu macrumors member

Here is my vote. Touchmods SIP-VOIP.
    Why I hink that is the best app for the ipod touch so far. Because no one knew that it was possible to have an audio line in on the ipod touch. Now we can use it to make phone calls. Who would of ever thought that.

I made a video on it here. here

8. Merkuryy macrumors regular

Merkuryy

Hahaha! Very positive, I think Finder is the best, though it needs a lot of ajuction

9. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

Listen is way up there on the list. And once they add features like lyrics (from lyric wiki) and links to buy songs on iTunes as well as a way to listen to another song without having to exit and reEnter the app, it will be my favorite. Of course, you need the modded Mic for it.

10. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

wheres it at

11. Barnard macrumors newbie

The Mobilescrobbler already has Lyricwiki and buy from iTunes functionality built in.

All you need to do is sign up for a last.fm account. It's bloody brilliant, we should all sign up and start a group, it'd be so easy, it does all the sending of info in the background. Even us touch users will be fine because it queues up to 250 songs to send, er, I mean scrobble.

http://www.last.fm/group/MobileScrobbler

[​IMG]

It even adds stuff to your calendar, proper intergration is that.

[​IMG]

12. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

iphysics? what does this app do? Can find it anywhere in when I try to install it in my install application

13. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

use forum search thats what i did.

14. pimmysays macrumors member

add "http://iphone.r4m0n.net/repos" to your sources, download iphysics and download the level "ohmugi Sakura Level" its so awesome

15. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

I agree. Even though I haven't received my microphone from the Touchmods team yet, I've tested the SIP-VoIP application and have successfully placed calls to my own home phone.

I don't understand why this groundbreaking application has received so little attention on Mac-centric "news" sites such as Macrumors and TUAW.

16. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

OMG, the iphysics sure is the BEST one so far. I can play with it for 5 hours ...

17. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

I have to say, this app is pretty damn cool. Using it simply for lyrics is great.

18. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

I am a big fan of MobileRSS.

It brings all the latest articles to me automatically so I don't have to wait for each of my favorite web pages to load on EDGE.

However, the app still needs some work, as I experience frequent crashes and freezes.

19. ArchiMark macrumors 6502

MobileToDoList

No disagreements with what's been posted here so far, but I'd like to add a vote for MobileToDoList.

Works well for me and has helped me at work to keep track of what I need to get done.

:cool:

20. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

I totally agree with you. I love opening my Mobil RSS feed and reading the top stories and stuff. My RSS feed crashes about 25% of the time and I can't wait till they come out with an update... :D

21. Anderzander macrumors member

22. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

Well, they came out with an update the other day and...

My MobileRSS no longer works properly!!!

I have tried a few things to get it to work with no luck.

So, I installed another RSS application called SmartRSS.

Whoa! This RSS app is way better and I recommend to anyone who loves MobileRSS but does not want to put up with the bugginess of that software anymore.

23. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Same here.

24. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I think safari is the best for me. I have last.fm but only to scobble cause I don't play with it that much, and what does iphysics do?