Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
I found another high trafficked iPhone review site ...appscout...

That site's got traffic because it's about apps for a lot more platforms than just the iPhone.

AppShopper isn't really a review site (yet?), and TouchArcade is mostly just for games. What seems to be the most trafficked general iPhone app review site? I don't think I seen one which stands out from among the rabble yet.

PocketGamer

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2008
Pocket Gamer -- correct URL

Someone kindly mentioned our site -- Pocket Gamer -- but without the correct spelling...

We're at http://pocketgamer.co.uk

We review iPhone games both on our site, and via our little iPhone App that feeds iPhone-only content straight to your phone.

I think we're probably in the top 3 iPhone games review sites worldwide. We respect our competition certainly (toucharcade is great!) but we'd urge you to give us a look too. :)

In terms of the original posters question re: advertising, we're getting multiple hundreds of thousands of iPhone-game-hungry related impressions per month:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/feature.asp?c=767

Hope this is helpful.

DangerMouse001

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2009
Maybe not the best....yet but http://www.fastappstore.com has by far the best App Finder and we will soon have reviews added from all countries as well as from our newly formed forum.

We are also working on a developers section which will entitle the registered user free advertising. These developers will be searchable using our FastApp filters. So 10 developers or 10 million, like our website we can find it faster and easier than the competition. Great for hiring or finding the right developer/company.

Why are we so special? we are powered by Endeca. http://www.endeca.com

Check it out.

The truth is though, there is room for lots of competition, different strokes for different folks.

:)

AppEzzy

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2010
I am surprise there are only a few of these sites that look really great, thought there would be more review sites out there. Thanks everyone for posting I was looking for this info!

Hoytick

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
I'm down for it

What are the best App Store review sites?

Also, what are the most trafficked review sites?

I figure that people go to these review sites to find apps to buy. So I assume that they would be a good place to advertise. Also, if I could convince them to write reviews on my apps, then I could increase my sales.

Any ideas?

Hey. I know probably no one has heard of my site, it is very new. gusappstorereviews.com and incase that gets *red out then google gus app store reviews. I am willing to do reviews for anyone. Just send me a code! I do iPad and iPod and sometimes Mac.

basaltfd

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
Vancouver BC
contact me off site

doifdad contact me off list about your blocked site you mentioned on here please

www.**********.com

We are another brand new site that's up and coming as well, and I feel there is plenty of differences in each site.

My site will be focusing on News and App Reviews. Not only gaming though that's what im focusing on at the moment until I can get some much needed STAFF and HELP!!! (Anyone interested!!??)

Im working on design and video reviews shortly (ironing out some issues im having)

I pride my site on giving quality reviews pointing out the positive and negative aspects of each application.

with 10,000 plus applications out there i find it impossible for 2 or three sites to honestly cover them all..

IF anyone has a site and would like to banner swap or cross promote their site with mine please let me know![/QUOTE]

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
Ah, super useful thread, thanks to everyone posting! I have a fairly major release out in the next few weeks, I'll be contacting some of you guys :) (Could somebody PM or email me the name of the censored site?)

If you're not merging sites (understandable), how about an agreement to share reviews? I.e. if somebody searches for a review on your site for an app you've not reviewed and it's available on the other site, you suggest that with a link. You'd lose some traffic to the other site, but if you're both doing it (and the sites are similar sizes) it should flow both ways. The alternative is for the visitor to find no review and go searching for another review site, which is what you don't want :)

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Not even worth a bookmark:
razorianfly
fastapp
appvee
whatsoniphone
slidetoplay
bestappsite
pocketgamer
148apps
slapapp
appscout

All are forgettable. With the above list, no need for a site like krapps. Just combine the above. Nothing to distinguish one from the other, and some of them need some serious design help. Some of the graphics could only appeal to a child, they make your retina's burn. With the daily onslaught of crapware, especially in games and useless utilities area, it would be nice to have a sight the aspires to more than bottom of the barrel, race to the bottom apps.

Wish there were more sites like ProMusicapps, sites that focus more on high end apps, not just crapware and games.

Last edited:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
The MacRumors forums. My articles, also cross-posted here, are definitely worth following - you won't find better and more in-depth reviews of, for example, multimedia players anywhere else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.