Best App to backup Cydis Pref and tweaks

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by desiprince1212, Jan 4, 2011.

1. desiprince1212 macrumors member

Hey everyone,

I did a little searching and many people have asked and received answers to this question but nothing I could find was recent.

But I was wondering if there was an easy app from Cydia that can help me backup my tweaks, apps, installous apps, plugins, winterboard preferences etc and a guide to restore it in case my iPhone decided to die and/or stop working.

Thank you all and I appreciate your thoughts and your help! Happy New Year!

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

That's because nothing have change and the answer is still the same. APTbackup, PKGbackup are the most commonly use to backup your Jail broken apps and settings. For your "Installous" app you are on your own.

3. desiprince1212 thread starter macrumors member

O really. Great. Which one would you prefer, that has an easier UI in your personal opinion? Thank you for your response.

Thanks again

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Normally PkgBackup has always been great however the dev (recently) has made a bunch of updates to this app with less than stellar results. I had to restore my entire phone since the updates the dev made to the app actually "deleted" some of the stock Apple apps from your phone. In my instance, my mail, calendar, calculator and iPod stocks apps all disappeared when I updated to the latest version of the app. Needless to say I was quite pissed. Now, I'm simply keeping a spreadsheet of the apps I have installed and going that route.

5. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

Do not use aptbackup! I used it the last time I upgraded and Jailbroke and it totally f'd my phone. I had to restore and start over!

6. milamber macrumors regular

from my experience it's better just to start fresh. Take a pen and paper (if you're old skool) and note down what jailbreak apps/tweaks you got. I find these things tend to mess things up

7. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

This is a great point. I personally use PkgBackup and it's been great (especially with the Dropbox linking now), but as a secondary precaution, going through your installed packages and writing down what you've got is a great idea.

I think I'll do this tonight. Thanks for the tip.