Best app to convert .MKV?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBookG4user, Aug 31, 2007.

1. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I have a couple .MKV files that I want to convert for my iPhone, although VisualHub won't convert them and VLC didn't convert it correctly. So do you know of any good apps that would be able to convert it, I don't mind converting it to something like .AVI and then using VisualHub to convert it for my iPhone. Although I would just like to get it out of the .MKV format, and free is nice. Thanks in advance for any help :).

2. Blubbert macrumors 6502

I have tried converting a few files in VisualHub, and it worked fine. They take an obscenely long time though (they are high def videos).

3. iBookG4user thread starter macrumors 604

iBookG4user

4. iBookG4user thread starter macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I noticed that I wasn't using the latest VisualHub, so I downloaded that and installed it. Now it will convert the files from .MKV, and the video will be fine but the sound will not be converted and it is basically some static-like sound throughout. That was similar to the problem with VLC, however VLC only converted the sound to the static-like sound and the video is just white. So, anyone have ideas on how to convert them?

5. platypus63 macrumors regular

6. iBookG4user thread starter macrumors 604

iBookG4user