Best app to remotely control mac?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Ryan Burgess, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

Hello, I was wondering what you guys think is the best app for remotely controlling my mac. I have used logmein but that's rather expensive after the free trial. I've also used TeamViewer but its not reailable enough for me.

I want something that I can initiate from my phone, and not have to touch or be around my computer for it to start a remote session. Thanks! (Btw I'm jailbroken if it helps)

2. PurpleLogix macrumors member

PurpleLogix

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What do you consider expensive?

Splashtop 2 is $10 per year. I consider that money well spent since it actually works well.

http://www.splashtop.com/splashtop2

The $10 is for a Splashtop account, not for each iOS device. So I can control my Mac with both my iPhone and my iPad with the same account. I don't have to pay twice.

4. dontpannic macrumors 6502

dontpannic

5. Ryan Burgess thread starter macrumors 6502

It has a free trial…but then after like 2 weeks it kicked me off saying I had to purchase it.

I'm going to try some of the above suggestions, and expensive to me is anything above $10. (This isn't for business or anything so I don't want to spend a lot)

6. dontpannic macrumors 6502

dontpannic

You can revert from the trial to the free version - ok, it's not a full feature set but the Remote Desktop function still works as it should.