Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stavs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
I'm looking for a way to sync my iTunes Music Folder between two computers. Currently my library resides on my NAS, but I am getting a 1TB SSD for my MBP and am bringing the library back to the MBP as I am unhappy with it on the NAS. Doing things in iTunes is too slow with the size of my library (150GB, plus iTunes every now and then decides to ignore the fact that the library is on the NAS and reverts to the laptop. So, I know I can use SuperSync for managing multiple libraries, but I am not going to have two separate libraries. What I'm left with is my MBP which will have my main library stored on it, and I have my Mac Mini running Plex with iTunes Match enabled. The Mini will have a 500gb SSD and a 500gb drive in it. I want to store an exact duplicate of my MBPs "Music" folder on the Mini so Plex can access that folder (don't want to use the plugin that Plex has), as well as to simply keep that folder backed up in case of a disaster. I am looking for a program that will keep things synced in the background similar to how time machine works. Does this make sense? Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.