Best app to test iphone 6s+ battery wear

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pjny, Apr 5, 2017.

1. pjny macrumors 6502a

Hi,

The battery on my 17 month old iphone 6s+ seems to be dying quite quickly. I have to charge it constantly as it dips way faster than it used to. I could use it for an hour and 30 percent is gone.

I tested it with some apps such as Battery Life and the battery wear level shows 45.5-55% of total capacity. One app shows 1500/2750 maH under battery health.

I checked battery usage and most of the battery is being used for browsing(19%) and instagram(13%). The rest of the apps are at about 3-4% so no significant app drain.

I have Applecare and wonder if these apps are accurate enough to set up a genius appointment to replace the battery for free. I think the Applecare stated anything under 80% wear level under warranty warrants a free battery replacement. Is this accurate?

Thanks.

2. thejasonhowell macrumors regular

thejasonhowell

3. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, jason. I love coconut battery but haven't used it in a while. Didn't know it had ios battery tester too.

4. pjny, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017

pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

hi,

coconut battery states:

maximum charge/battery health: 81.1%(2275mAh), then it change to 83%
    design capacity is 2750maH.
    Loadcycles are 567.

Is this close enough to the magical 80% (with a margin of error) to get the battery replaced?

How long does it take to get it replaced at the apple store btw?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 5, 2017 ---
    I have a company iphone 6 with battery manufacturing date of Dec 2014. Amazingly the:

maximum charge is 1711 maH out of 1810mAh. 99.4%
    587 load cycles.

How is this possible? Is Coconut battery incorrect? I am confused. The 6 does not seem to have the same energy drain as the 6s+.

5. Chazzle macrumors 6502a

Chazzle

Your iPhone 6 is at 94.5% health, not 99.4%. Still very impressive based on the number of load cycles. As for your 6S+, always worth a shot taking it to the Apple Store.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Be aware that Apple uses it OWN battery diagnostics and it may not agree with these apps. Only way to know is to take it to the Apple Store

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Coconut Battery is the most accurate. It takes live mAh readings versus Apple's, where they use a general mAh reading over a two week span of the actual usage/reading.

That said, your results seem fairly solid for the amount of cycles you have used.

8. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

Coconut Battery no longer works on Iphones. I sure wish it did.:(

9. thejasonhowell macrumors regular

thejasonhowell

It works on my 6s+ on the beta

10. Chazzle macrumors 6502a

Chazzle

You are mistaken sir.

11. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

Please share the secret. I have Coconut Battery loaded on my 6s, but since about 3 or 4 IOS upgrades ago, my Coconut battery app will not load. This app is no longer available through Apple Apps and my understanding was that it was no longer compatible. I would love to be able to use it again.

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I believe he is referring to the iOS app. It does not work on anything later than 9.3.5.

13. Chazzle macrumors 6502a

Chazzle

Sorry bud, I should have specified that I am using the mac version on my laptop and plug in my iPhone using USB to get my battery stats through coconut battery.

14. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

Oh, no problem. I was just hoping I could find a way to use Coconut Battery on my 6s. Thanks.