Best app to voice chat (with video) with windows users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by neilspartacus, Jan 14, 2008.

1. neilspartacus macrumors member

Hi there...I am looking for an application to do video chat with voice with my PC friends using YM or GTalk.
    I tried to login to the ichat with my gmail id and dint find the call/voice chat option....same with YM for MAC.:(

So please suggest me an application i can use to voice chat with video with OC users with YM and/or Gtalk accounts!

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Skype will work, you could use iChat (through AIM) to an AIM user on windows too.

3. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

Skype or Yahoo Messenger, both work great, until tomorrow when iChat for Windows is released.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

the chances probably are slim to none. :cool:

Skype is the BEST option, it guarantee the functions cross-platform, windows, linuxs, osx. Indeed the best you can ask for.

5. ik11 macrumors newbie

Are u sure yahoo messenger for mac supports voice chat??:confused: I am a new mac user I downloaded the latest version of YM for mac and it doesnt support Voice :( same for Msn messenger for mac No support for voice.. So is Skype the only option for now??:mad:

6. mbalaic macrumors newbie

I've been searching for mac voice app that can interact with Windows MSN/Yahoo but haven't found one. I moved to mac recently but all my friends and contacts haven't so its not that easy to ask everyone to install Skype just because I made the switch... There really should be some app that can easily connect to MSN/Yahoo Messenger. Tried with jabber account via iChat but no success...

7. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Bootcamp with Windows is the best alternative :D

8. mbalaic macrumors newbie

Yeah... no matter how hard you try to escape Windows, they always suck you back in :D
    I hope Adium 2 will save the day.