Best Apple case for Space Grey 6s Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by corder, Sep 22, 2015.

1. corder macrumors newbie

hey Guys!

Looking forward to Friday now and planning a trip to the Apple Store soon to pick up a case for my new SG 6s Plus. What Apple case colour combo looks best? I can't decide!

Would Saddle Brown + Black bezel clash too much?

2. Illmaculate macrumors member

That's what I have and it looks great. Waiting for it to darken.

3. corder thread starter macrumors newbie

You have any photos with the phone in it you could share?

4. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

My first ip6 was space grey and I loved the look of either the red silicone or brown leather but then I changed that phone for a silver one and those cases did look that great on it. I'm getting a space grey iP6s on Friday and even though I stopped using cases a couple of months ago I think I might have to get my cases out again but I might change the red silicone one for the new red silicone one as it feels better.

5. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

I've been using the red silicone case with a space gray 6 for the last year and I really like the combo. Going to try the midnight blue with my 6s+ this year tho. (Or the White, but gonna try on the red in store too before I make my final decision)

6. mikeb3408 macrumors newbie

Same dilemma, I am trying to decide between Saddle Brown or Black for my Space Grey.

Any opinions between those 2?

7. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

saddle brown gets my vote. black is just....black.

8. Rocko9999 macrumors regular

Rocko9999

9. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

Leather case fits too snug avoid it. I got midnight blue silicon looks nice

10. brendu macrumors 68020

My black leather case from my 6 fits perfectly fine on my 6s.

11. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

12. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Disagree. Got the midnight blue leather.

13. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I also disagree.

I bought the Spigen magnetic car vent mount, and it comes with metal plates you put on your phone or case so it sticks.

I decided to stick the metal plate on the inside of my Apple saddle brown leather case. The INSIDE - and the case still fits nicely.

14. brendu macrumors 68020

I was looking at that same car mount. How well does the magnet hold it? Does it ever fall?

15. soco macrumors 68030

soco

So Spigen promotes that you pair the mount with their thin case they sell (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010M...sim_107_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Q32V08SKDCR6SQJCMXD - which I bought) that has a nifty indent for the metal plate to be inserted into.

Great case, nifty place for the plate. Big fan.
    But I like classy cases, and the new saddle brown is pure sex.
    The mount comes with a rectangular plate (the one I put inside my leather case) and an extra circular one that's a tad smaller but just as effective.

Anyway, the mount's magnet is strong as hell. I originally tried to use it with the incase smart (https://www.incase.com/shop/iphone-cases/incase-smart-systm-for-iphone-6/blackslate/) and admit it was too thick, or the rubber on the inside was too much, and it weakened the magnetic attraction enough to dislodge the phone when I hit a medium sized bump in the road.

I tried going with the metal plate stuck to the outside of the incase case, but come on. What am I, a savage?

So I stuck it inside the Apple leather case, and it's strong enough that I made a trip from Maryland to Pennsylvania with no issues.
    It takes a good amount of effort to pull it off the magnet.

tl;dr: Magnet is very strong, works in not-too-thick phones from the inside, almost too strong with direct metal to mount contact.

Mount is also on a comically good sale for $7: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0109...igen+mount&dpPl=1&dpID=51SjtXv-FdL&ref=plSrch

16. brendu macrumors 68020

Awesome thanks! I may just order this

17. sumiregusa macrumors member

sumiregusa

Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport in Black. Best phone case I've ever owned!