best apple dealer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by casey37812, Apr 8, 2009.

1. casey37812 macrumors newbie

i am going to be in the market for a new macbook soon.
    i was wondering where i should buy one. apple, bestbuy, etc.
    and i was also wondering if i should wait for a new macbook to come out or just get the macbook aluminum.
    the macbook aluminum is pretty impressive and i would love it.

2. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

i don't think they'll be revising the macbook in looks at all, atleast not for a while. and the only thing the'll do is bump it up a bit. apple store is always a cool place to purchase a new macbook from:D
    but then again you could get a refurb white macbook for 850 i believe or also get a refurb macbook aluminum 2.4Ghz for the price of a brand new aluminum 2.0 model. and if you really care. just wait till snow leopard comes out to get another macbook

3. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

I would buy it from the approved apple reseller who offers it cheapest.

As for now or later, that is your choice. search this forum and you can read threads about it until you eyes bleed.

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

If refurbished or education discount are options, go with the Apple Store online. Otherwise, look at prices of the Apple authorized dealers, look for free shipping, no sales tax, and/or a return policy better than Apple's.

If you're looking for a build-to-order machine, you're pretty much stuck going through the Apple Store online.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Amazon's usually pretty cheap, or you could wait until summer to take advantage of the [probable] back-to-school sale if you qualify.