Best Apple remote for Air alternative?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by AppleTech22, Aug 20, 2011.

1. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

Now that I just found out the default Apple remote won't work with one of Apple's computers, I need something else to control Hulu, and my volume at night. I could just use my PS3, but I am viewing off of a monitor with no sound and my other monitor has no remote. So the best way to be able to have complete control over sound is viewing from my Mac at night. I just sold off my MacBook Pro, so this was what I have done for quite some time now.

Anyone have any bluetooth alternatives that control the mac's sound or anyways to get the IR remote working?

2. entropi macrumors 6502

the remote app for iPhone is great, but that one is for iTunes only... any other app perhaps? (if you got any iOS device)

3. AppleTech22 thread starter macrumors 6502

I do, but for a remote I prefer to have physical buttons.

4. h00ligan macrumors 68030

There's no IR receiver. SO you are going to have to look for a bluetooth compatible remote which supports os x - good luck, I've not seen any that exist.

5. AppleTech22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't know if you actually read the post, but I am asking that exact question

6. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Read your last line...

Then google bluetooth remote os x. Here's one to get you started, it was the third google result.

http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?sku=amp11us

7. AppleTech22 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know I just didn't know if someone had some kind of workaround or something. And I have seen these presenter remotes, but from what I have seen they don't control volume. That is the big thing.

8. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

9. AppleTech22 thread starter macrumors 6502

10. animatedude macrumors 65816

if any of you guys receive this, kindly post a review of it because i couldn't find a proper review of it or a clip on youtube at least.

11. saulinpa macrumors 6502

They have two pieces, hardware and software. Hardware is simple USB attachment - I didn't get theirs as I had a Microsoft IR receiver. mira software is the glue between the applications and the hardware.

You still need an Apple remote to go along with it. Both white and aluminum work but it treats the center aluminum button the same as the play/pause. Software gives options for what buttons do for each application. Overkill for me but it works.

12. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a