Best Apple store in So. Ca (LA Area)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by netnothing, Mar 7, 2012.

1. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

So if they release the next iPad on 3/16.....I'll be flying into LAX that day.

Anyone from So. Cal. have an idea of which Apple store is best to wait at?

-Kevin

2. Built macrumors 68020

Santa Monica. Third Street Promenade. They usually get larger inventory than the Manhattan Beach Apple Store (these are the two Apple Stores closest to LAX)...

I tried for three days to get the iPad 2 64GB 3G ATT in Black at the Manhattan Village store and was unsuccessful. They had others, though...I hit it on the fourth day at the Santa Monica store...which seemed to have huge stocks of everything but the lowest cost model, the 16GB Wifi only.

This was about a month after launch last year.

I'm sure the Apple Store at the Grove will have good inventory..but the crowds will be huge...and the Grove's parking situation and constant traffic is enough to send most sane people over the edge.

3. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Thanks for the info.

I'm hoping (but not expecting) for a release on the 9th....that way I can wait and get it tax free here in NH. But if not, I get into LAX around 10:30 am on the 16th, so I might have to go see what the lines look like.

Damn you Apple!!

-Kevin

4. Built macrumors 68020

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

5. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but the clientele at The Grove is simply breathtaking (not that Santa Monica or MB is anything to shake a stick at). Who knows who you might be rubbing elbows with.

6. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

:p :D :cool:

-Kevin

7. falcora macrumors 6502

The Grove is such a nice looking store. If I were in LA, that's probably where I'd go. Unfortunately I don't live in LA anymore.

8. MrJay23 macrumors member

you could also try the glendale galleria and the americana mall, they have apple stores and are right across the street from each other

9. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I'm biased, because I live in Pasadena. But the Pasadena store is great. In a real nice area to grab a beer and some food too!