Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
Wolfwalkers, an animated masterpiece, one of the best films of 2020. Worth a month’s subscription on its own IMHO.
Wolfwalkers.png

Reactions: BlueParadox

wbd

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2022
“Home before dark“ is a good show for family with kids down to around 8 I would say (murder mystery with kid investigating, not inappropriate for younger just probably get bored).

Reactions: mmm...really

mmm...really

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2014
"miser Ryan Reynolds, who plays the movie's Scrooge."
Actually Will Ferrel is the actual Scrooge whose job nowadays is the Ghost of Christmas Present.
Spoiler: both Ferrell (Scrooge) and Reynolds (Briggs) get saved

haplain

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
I’ll have to check some of these out. Always looking for a new one but Charlie Brown’s always got to be in the rotation.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I was just offered a free 3 month trial of apple tv+ with my Best Buy purchase - and I didn’t have any desire to redeem it.
Free - and I still didn’t want it.
Haven’t they just listed 90% of what’s available on TV+?
I have a pending 3-month free trial of Apple TV+ for buying the new Apple TV I am not going to use. I only used it once when I had it free for the year. Very few family shows, mostly mature garbage, no licensed content and they had the nerve to increase it $2 month /$20 year.
I enjoyed my free trial. I wouldn't mind renewing to catch up on new seasons, and other shows/films I missed, but that'll have to wait until next year when my existing major streaming services expire (if not into 2024). That said, there indeed isn't as much content vs. other streaming services, which is one reason why people gladly pay x2 to x4 the price for those others.

elmaco

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2012
I have given up on Apple TV (the app).

I used to buy movies for $1000 a year, but the user interface is so bad I can no longer use it. 90% of the suggested movies I have seen. You can't search after IMDB score, year, actors etc. like on other services. There is just 20 large images and you have to scroll forever to find movies.

kurtfoster

Contributor
Mar 8, 2009
It looks like some people like Apple TV+, and some people don’t. I really enjoyed Ted Lasso, and even Schmigadoon, even though I don’t enjoy musicals. I really enjoyed Severance. Also, The Morning Show. And the first two seasons of Dickinson were very interesting and different. The rest of the content didn’t really do it for me, but I guess there’s something for everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.