Best Apple Watch Face

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sird28, Jun 26, 2015.

1. sird28 macrumors member

Interested to see how people rank the apple watch faces.

I personally enjoy the chronograph I like that it looks like a regular analog watch.

I am not a huge fan of the astronomy or other digital clocks just reminds me of a phone lock screen honestly.

What are your favorites?

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Mickey Mouse. I do not use Mickey Mouse, because it is hard to read the time, but I love it. Just knowing it is on my watch, and I could use it whenever I wanted, makes me smile inside.

My daily face is Utility. And I use simple or color when I am grilling and want a countdown timer (not enough complications on Utility for that).

3. toph2toast macrumors 6502

I tend to switch between the "simple" face w/ some complications added in, "solar" and "astronomy". I'd say I use "simple" most of the time though.

4. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Or, "Hey Siri, set a timer for five minutes." :)

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

- On your iPhone create a new world clock based on the city you live in. (This will show the current time of where you are)
    - On the Apple watch app on your phone go to settings > clock > city abbreviations. erase the name it created for your new clock and just put a <space> there.

- On your watch set the Mickey Mouse watch face and add the world clock complication. It will end up looking like this where the 8:52 is the current time.

File Jun 26, 8 53 18 AM.png

6. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

As much as a I love Solar and Astronomy, I'm currently using Modular because I can actually have complications. Hopefully Apple will soon wake up and see the massive space available at the bottom of Solar.

7. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Modular is by far my favorite and has been what I use like 97% of the time. Color is a distant second probably, with Astronomy close to that as well which probably would be my favorite if you could customize. Really the only one I don't like is X-LARGE. Utility, Simple, Chronograph, and Mickey are all pretty level in my eyes and would probably vary in how I would "rank" them depending on my mood at any given time.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Fitness info is far more important than the time (clocks are everywhere). So Modular with fitness Complication is the only way to go.

[​IMG]

9. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I switch between 3 and 4 faves as needed. I would like modular more if I could set the time as the largest complication.

10. CellXor10 macrumors regular

This type of thread always gets me playing around with the different Watch faces. Like I said above, I use Modular like 97% of the time. While it is my favorite, I feel I often just forget about all the other options. So I enjoy switching it up some. Just settled on a Utility one for right now.

11. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I use modular during the work week as I like the amount of calendar info it can show. Starting Friday evenings i switch to Mickey, much more fun for the weekends.

12. mrgossett macrumors 6502

Been using Modular until a few days ago. I don't have a lot of calendar events that need displaying and Modular got a little boring looking, so I switched to Color in blue. I can display the four complications that I need.

Pic1.jpg

13. toph2toast macrumors 6502

I haven't played around with Modular very much, but I'm liking this setup. May have to try it out this weekend.

14. TimUSCA macrumors 6502a

TimUSCA

I've tried a few but I always go back to Modular. It isn't the best looking one, but it's definitely the most useful.

15. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

The "best watch face" is the one you like the best. Everyone will have their own preferences.

16. FireWaterEarthAir macrumors member

FireWaterEarthAir

I've found that I've been using the Color face the most. I change it up depending what color shirt that I'm wearing.

Attached Files:

17. Mac2me, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I do "Hey Siri, set an alarm for..." all the time. I find that if I lift my wrist or tape the screen showing the watch face Siri is very reliable. If the screen is black I think it needs to be awaken first. Never spent much time reading the watch how-to.

My go to watch face seems to be Utility right now with the 3/6/9/12 displayed. Otherwise faces and colors used depends on the band I'm wearing at the time. I also use Color with the little Apple monogram, Modular blanked out with the exception of the time in Red for going to the movies with Do Not Disturb on, X-Large is sometimes nice when you need to be checking the time for some reason...no brain activity needed to figure out the time LOL, I like to switch to Mickey when I need a smile, and love watching the beauty of the jellyfish on Motion but it's definitely too short of a view which I'm hoping will be increased in the next AWOS release.

18. JediAlejandro macrumors member

JediAlejandro

I force myself to switch between them all (apart from modular and XL, I don't like them). I love the look of the earth or the different jelly fish, etc, but find it so much easier looking at a watch face with hands.

Ohh and I match my colour (and band) to what I'm wearing. So if I'm wearing a pink shirt with green tie, it's green band and green colour (or possibly pink). Or if I'm wearing a blue shirt with red tie, it's black band with red colour... I need more bands for this to work properly, but it's a start! :D

19. Shinigami301 macrumors regular

Shinigami301

Just remember, blue pixels have by far the shortest lifespan and highest energy consumption on OLED displays...

20. JediAlejandro macrumors member

JediAlejandro

...and I could die tomorrow. It's not somthing worth worrying about. Thanks for the information, though. :p

21. Shinigami301 macrumors regular

Shinigami301

22. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

23. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Utility for me. A close second would be Chronograph. Shame the Simple face doesn't show the day as well as the date like Utility/Chronograph does.

24. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85