Best Application to Follow a Daily Schedule

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thriii, Apr 24, 2009.

1. thriii macrumors 6502

I work from home, and while I do I can easily get distracted by news or just get sidetracked and forget what I was doing. I would like to stick to a schedule but not sure what kind of app I'm looking for.. I have Merlin, but thats mostly for project management.. I would like something that would be more of a daily schedule type of thing. Maybe it could remind me or somethi about what I'm suppose to be doing at a certain time. I just need somethin! Anyone have any idea of what kinda app I'm lookin for?

2. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

If you're looking for something to keep track of your tasks and what you need to do next, a notebook and a pen might help ;)

If you really want a program to do this, try OmniFocus (http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnifocus/). It's expensive, sure, but it works well for me.

3. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

Thx! I did some searching on iusethis.com and also saw an app called "things". They both look interestin :) I'll take a look at them soon

4. chameleon81 macrumors 6502

Try to check the hitlist.

I tried both Things and OmniFocus. But I believe hitlist beats both of them.

5. bmacir macrumors 6502

Ical

If you are a mac user iCal will do the job. ;)

6. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! this actually looks really nice! Why do you prefer it over the other 2?

7. gvegastiger macrumors regular

I recommend things. its beautiful interface makes it a joy to use.

8. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been tryin things out! its my favorite of what I've tried but I'm kinda curious about hitlist now so I'm lookin around for info on it :)

9. chameleon81 macrumors 6502

I prefer Hitlist over OmniFocus because it allows to assign multiple context to a single task. Let s say you can put multiple tags to single task such personal urgent then maybe a project name. Then you can build smart folders for

personal, personal&urgent , urgent , urgent&project name.

I also tried Things. I really liked it but then there was something ( actually there wasnt sth ) which was totally against task management. But unfortunately right now I forgot what it was :(

I remember going to Things forum and reading people complaints about the same lack of feature. For me Hit list is best right now.