Best application to organize itunes library?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by okayjustin, Sep 21, 2008.

1. okayjustin macrumors member

I've tried beatunes but it has expired and not looking to spend much money to get it yet and was wondering if there was any other applications devoted to helping organizing the itunes library .. any ideas?

2. pooryou macrumors 65816

I hope this doesn't sound like a flippant response but I find that iTunes is the best application to organize the iTunes library. You probably just need to learn how to use it better.

3. emt1 macrumors 65816

What could you possibly need to do that iTunes doesn't already?

4. Moriarty macrumors 6502

Don't make me start....

- Convert-as-you-sync with an iPod
    - Ability to manually add music as well as automatically syncing particular playlists (to an iPod)
    - Ability to un-embed "custom" artwork from individual files and just apply it like downloaded artwork
    - Show ID3 tag information (album, artist, etc) on more than one line, especially where there is plenty of space in list view under the album art picture
    - Better ways to manage multiple libraries

Instead they have to spend all their time doing some stupid "Genius" feature....

5. pooryou macrumors 65816

That is the only one from your list that is useful to me, and this can be done now in iTunes 8.
    YMMV of course.

6. me3head macrumors newbie

That is my #1 wish. And as far as I know there is no way to do it, 3rd party add-in or not. My touch just doesnt have enough room for lossless, and I dont want to convert to AAC when I listen on a very nice setup at home.

7. metalstaple macrumors newbie

amazing itunes organizer

i use an application called tidy songs its well worth the 20 bucks it costs especially if your someone like me with 50 gigs of music. it deletes duplicates and checks names and adds artwork. really only good if you torrent your music.
    heres a link http://c97b7bhmndxgfau7nj50iglfuh.hop.clickbank.net/

8. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

i was looking at that last night. do you know if it can find foreign music as well? i have a lot of french, russian. will it work on that?