iPhone X Best Approach: Custom SMS Vibrations for Individual People?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HappyDude20, Jul 28, 2019.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68030

HappyDude20

So, I’m very interested in creating custom text message vibration tones for each individual family member, so when they send me a text and my phone is on silent, I can feel a particular vibration in my pocket and therefore will know who is texting me.

I currently have specific ringtones for each family member so if my phone is on ring, I can hear the ringtone and know exactly who is calling me even if my phone is charging in another room.

I also have custom text message ring tones for each family member so if they text me and my phone is on ring (but charging in another room), I’ll know exactly who is texting me.

I’m wanting to create specific vibration tones for those times I’m not at home, say at work and can’t have my phone on ring.

I was considering using Morse code for each family member to create the tone but am not sure what would be the best method here and figuredid ask for ideas and advice before doing so.

Thank you everyone!

2. steelhauler34 macrumors newbie

Seems way over the top to me. I just wonder if your family members are aware of their individual prioritizations with you

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68030

HappyDude20

Yeah they all are aware. They laughed when I showed them their individual text tones. One of them has the saving private Ryan song, another ha hakuna Matata, another a soundbyte from the Airplane movie and also another a song from crazy rich Asians.

The vibrations however seem to be a more complicated issue because I want to keep each vibration short, perhaps as short as the default iOS sms vibration but want them each to be distinguishable.

4. steelhauler34 macrumors newbie

I guess I kind of get it. I could use something that says that is my sister so I can definitely ignore.

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68030

HappyDude20

I think I’m going to try out Morse code for the next week and see if I like it. Though I think I won’t like it, I may learn some Morse code from this experiment.