Best armband for iphone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Clipse79, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Clipse79 macrumors regular

Just got my phone and dl`d Fitnio. Was wondering if anyone could suggest a good armband that won`t send my new baby flying? Are they safe and worth it or too much of a hassle having a phone strapped to your arm?

2. halfkorean macrumors newbie

I second the request. I need a good armband for my iPhone for when I am biking. I'd rather get an armband than a handle bar mount. Thanks!

3. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I third that

The iphone is an amazing gadget but it a pain in the ass to work out with it ( none of my shorts have pockets ;( )

4. ceez21 macrumors newbie

5. sourlemons98 macrumors newbie

6. ceez21 macrumors newbie

OoOooOoooo....I like the Sport Suit! Any idea how these slide in with a case...for example the Innocase II like mine?

7. carlosmm macrumors newbie

I like the Sporteer... it looks more comfortable. Wish they had a picture showing it being worn.

Not sure I'm going to get one yet.

8. bkarre macrumors newbie

I'm curious about this also, since my girlfriend is out shopping to get me one right now.

Any comparisons to the Belkin armband? The reviews on the apple store seem poor, but I can't find any for these to compare with. I like the idea of the key pouch on some, but I want something comfortable that I would actually use.

The Sporteer doesn't look very secure, and that's probably my main concern.

The Sportsuit has this convertible feature, but is that necessary? I'm planning on using it just for running, and the benefit of a removable sleeve would lead me to believe it is less secure.

Any insight or comparison from people who have used them would be very much appreciated.

9. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

All 3 of those arm bands look nice. And i'm not big on belkin products, they make junk.

10. Italchef macrumors 6502

I initially bought the Marware but had problems with it. The actual sleeve for the iPhone was really tight and left a black gummy residue all over the phone. I returned it and got the Belkin. The unit works well but you can't use any kind of case with it. The phone has to go into it naked but any kind of skin would be ok. The arm strap fits snugly but it is actually two different pieces so there is a slight chance that the clipped phone could come off the armband.
    The sport wrap linked in a post above looks pretty good to me. I think ultimately you'd want something that is one piece and secures firmly to the arm.

Mick