Best armband?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by violence, Nov 11, 2011.

1. violence macrumors member

Just got an iPhone 4! I've searched and read many threads, but few describe how their armbands respond to sweat. I currently have one for my old phone and it kept slipping down my arm when I'd sweat. I'm just looking for something cheap/reasonable, not a $50 armband. Pretty important to me though since I use it 6 days a week. Hopefully the Ronnie Colemans of macrumors can help me out here.

2. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I HIGHLY recommend armpocket.com I have the extreme 30 and it fits my car key, iPhone with case and my IDs and credit card. I have done power cleans, box jumps, pull ups, curls, ran a 5k and this thing feels perfect no slippage when I sweat and it's padded for comfort. It won't break on you like the cheap walmart ones and it's only $34. I was considering getting a nano for working out because I've tried soo many armbands that didn't work but after getting this recommended to me it's the best accessory for my iPhone because i workout a lot and love Pandora radio.

3. violence thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. Checked that case out, it's pretty massive. I was looking for something super basic.

4. orlandocano macrumors regular

You sir/miss, sound like a crossfitter! yes? haha sorry for the off topic question... back on topic, i will check this out... havent found a single arm band that actually works for me!

5. Resist macrumors 68030

6. vaugha macrumors regular

Hm...armpocket does look intruging. I run a lot on treadmills and was on the lookout for something that can stabilize my phone.

7. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Yeah I do crossfit for basketball season then more of a westside barbell rest of the year.

----------

In my search for an armband it's the cheapest one ive found that doesn't give way to sweat fwiw

8. The General macrumors 601

Can't you just put your phone on the stand in front of you on the treadmill?

9. vaugha, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

vaugha macrumors regular

That's exactly what I do, but every once in a while I accidentally pull the earphone cable yanking the phone altogether dropping the phone on the floor due to the cable getting in the way of my hand motion. If you've run on a treadmill regularly w/ earphones on, you wouldn't be asking that question. ;)

10. Hoeboe2k macrumors newbie

I bought the Xtrememac armband and it's not bad but not great either. The material is of quality but the fit on my arm is so-so. I don't really use it on my runs (I usually treadmill it and I just toss the whole thing in a cupholder) and really only have it on when I'm lifting. I have to adjust it a few times during weight lifting only cause your arms swell up (I don't know any armband that swells with you at least). I do like they have attached a headphone wrap.

11. Resist macrumors 68030

BlueTooth earphones would solve that problem.

12. vaugha macrumors regular

Certainly an alternative to the mass average, but as an audiophile I don't spend money on Bluetooth or even wireless counterparts unless they can achieve the same or better level of sound fidelity as my Sennheiser HD800, Grado PS1000, beyerdynamic T1, Denon AH-D7000, or my Ultrasone ED10 to name a few running off of Benchmark DAC1 Pre + Phonitor SPL. ;) Sorry. But 35 bucks solved my little problem, so I'm content about that.

13. TBONE72 macrumors regular

Just have to add my support for the Armpocket Sport 20. Looks big, doesn't feel big. Seriously the best armband period. And, I've been through a lot. I'm going on two years now with my Armpocket and it still works as good as the day I bought it, plus it's protected my iPhone the BEST out of all of them.

14. cravenz macrumors newbie

What phones do you use whilst running etc? I've got my IE8s customed but I'm a little weary with the idea of sweat etc from the ears dripping.

15. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I use the Mareware Sport Shell. I had one for the 3GS and now I have one for the 4S. I like it and it works well in the gym or bicycling.

[​IMG]