Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
it's a little pricey to unlock an old iphone 4

can anyone help me unlock my phone? i got it from my uncle a year ago.

If it's AT&T, find someone with an account in good standing and request the unlock direct through AT&T. By now, the contract should've been fulfilled on the iPhone 4.

FlyUnlock.com

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
If it's AT&T, find someone with an account in good standing and request the unlock direct through AT&T. By now, the contract should've been fulfilled on the iPhone 4.

Yes, 3 unlocks per account. Or an unlock through our (or anybody else's site).

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
I've been through two vendors for the iphone 5s at&t unlock. Both have refunded me the money. Is there any verified unlock service that works with at&t. I see a lot of them floating around and promises but haven't seen any customer verifications saying that their phone's are unlocked specifically for the 5s. iPhone 5 and 4s are easy to get done.

Can anyone recommend?

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Right now, no. AT&T has recently tightened up their procedures regarding iPhone unlocks, and the result is that by and large, the external unlock vendors are shut out.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Right now, no. AT&T has recently tightened up their procedures regarding iPhone unlocks, and the result is that by and large, the external unlock vendors are shut out.

Flyunlock has also stopped. chronic is still selling but not sure if he can deliver. this is sad.. What has changed? does anyone know?

wgr73

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2005
New Mexico
Flyunlock has also stopped. chronic is still selling but not sure if he can deliver. this is sad.. What has changed? does anyone know?

The way At&t employees input data (their system to unlock) is similar to the way the consumer does it now (request/apply for unlock). They can't use a back door method anymore. So unlocking a phone is much more risky for the "insiders".

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
The way At&t employees input data (their system to unlock) is similar to the way the consumer does it now (request/apply for unlock). They can't use a back door method anymore. So unlocking a phone is much more risky for the "insiders".

I tried the unlock system and it says the device cannot be unlocked. Hoping there are still people out there that can get it unlocked.

igomd

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2011
Curitiba
3 weeks since I ordered at Chronics for 3GS 2009 clean IMEI. No response, Will even answered my email last week saying that's this was unusual, and that he would check what is going on.

No response since them
Chronics continues selling AT&T unlock

onelazyguy

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2014
Hi guys,
I have an AT&T iphone 5 I bought from Craigslist and it is lock with AT&T and I have spend countless hours searching the web for unlocking services. All/most of them cost around 80-140 USD. Anyone know of a legit site with reliable result?

I saw this http://www.iphoneosunlock.com/ web site but I am hesitant to buy the service. Can someone advise me on this?

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.