Best audio recorder for music concert??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wez99950, May 16, 2009.

1. wez99950 macrumors member

Hi there,
    Ok i have a friend who is a band and is doing a concert in about a week or so. I would really like to record it but was wondering does anyone know which would be the best audio recorder to buy (and not too expensive) for music/concerts and one that is also compatible with macs?

Thank you very much!

2. mr.steevo macrumors 65816

mr.steevo

Hi,

There are so many variables and options with recording, yet very few of them are both good and cheap. What are the instruments in the band? What type of music? What is your definition of "not too expensive"?

s.

3. geestring macrumors newbie

I used to use a sony minidisc player with two binaural mics clipped on my collar for stereo.

I dont know if it's compatible with macs though.

4. wez99950 thread starter macrumors member

well it's a normal band, he plays the drums but most of their songs are just the lead singer with them backing him up on occassions - i'm not too sure, he hasn't told me much!
    I was thinking around the area of less that 50 euro, is that possible? I just noticed on youtube that people have been able to record concerts which is where i got the idea and some are pretty good quality so i'm just wondering how they did it.

5. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

50 euro isn't a lot to work with... but if you already have a iPod nano 2nd generation or 5th generation iPod video you could probably get a "TuneTalk" (Model F8Z082-BLK) from Belkin that has two high-quality omnidirectional microphones for recording at up to 16 bit, 44.1kHz, stereo. Don't expect "studio quality" with these built-in mics but it should be decent quality.