Best Back & Front Screen Protectors for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Macaroooon, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Macaroooon macrumors 6502

I've bought some cheap 'ElecShield' Back & Front protectors from amazon for the time being - they are okay but annoying to put on and ever so slightly to narrow for the iPhone 5, but they will do for now.

I dont have a big budget, but considering I payed £700 for this phone and want to keep it for many years, I'm thinking it's worth getting something durable to protect my phones screen.

What are the best (within a reasonable budget) back and front (and side?) protectors for the iPhone 5?

2. iluveunc macrumors newbie

Just putting in my two cents: I believe the Invisible Sheild screen protectors are one of the best options. Sure, they are a bit tough to get on perfectly but I've been using them for three years now without any problems. They are tough and fortunately don't stretch 100% edge to edge so cases won't mess it up. It handles fingerprints pretty well and is extremely easy to clean if you do happen to get something on it. The best part is that they will replace your screen protector for life for free (maybe 2 or 3 bucks for shipping) and this is what I consider the biggest perk of owning one. Everyone will have their own opinions about screen protectors depending on what they've used so I strongly encourage you to read reviews on different credible sites.

3. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I second anything from Spigen. I have never seen any bad reviews.

And about Zagg Invisible Shield, there are several that hate that screen protector. But then again, there's some that like it. I personally hate it because of the texture of the film and the wet-apply.

4. WuMyster macrumors regular

Absolutely hate the texture of the invisible shields. You want either a SGP GLAS.TR or BODYGUARDZ PURE.

5. Radiating macrumors 65816

Spigen and 3M make the best screen protectors period. I have literally purchased over 50 brands of screen protector and spent over $300 on them, and those two outshine everything else not just by a little but by a lot.

Hope that helps.

6. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

7. kthnxshwn macrumors regular

Get a Bodyguardz Pure for the front, if you want quality. SGP hasn't mastered their glass protectors yet and are still prone to easily cracking. On top of that, if for any reason you want to replace your screen protector, they'll send you a new Pure with free shipping for $12.

8. Radiating macrumors 65816

I tried both the Body Guardz Pure and the Glast.R.

Both are multicoated and oleophobic which increases transparency and reduces fingerprints so pretty much the same product.

I bought 1 Body Guardz pure and 1 replacement. The first one ended up lifting off of the edge of the speaker after about a month, very disappointing. The second one lifted around the home button from the very beginning. The adhesive and/or glass they use is not manufactured to very high tolerances. In general I've found Body Guardz stuff to be pretty cheap with little regard for quality. The only upside to them are the subsidized replacements. I also keep my phones clean room clean and have installed several dozen screen protectors so it's not installation error.

I'm not sure what you mean by the Glass.T/TR screen protectors cracking. I can only find one reference to that after doing a few google searches and it was from someone who chipped their protector first, which with tempered glass will do that with ANY tempered glass screen protector. In fact if it doesn't do that it means it isn't tempered and will cut you badly if it ever does break due to impact.

Anyways I highly recommend the Glass.TR screen protector, and at least 2 of my friends have gone through 3 of them total plus myself (they saved one friend's phone).

I've had quite a few bad experiences with Body Guardz products in general and their quality though.

Every single company I've dealt with has had minor problems at least though.

9. kthnxshwn macrumors regular

:rolleyes:

10. Radiating macrumors 65816

The phone was dropped from the roof of an suburban moving at 30 mph onto rough concrete and the phone had no screen damage at all. The Apple bumper was in two pieces and it's made of plastic. I'll just leave it at that.

11. kthnxshwn macrumors regular

I'll believe that glass is that sustainable to drops like that when I see... glass being sustainable to drops like that.

12. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

so you and your friends all burned ~$100 on screen protectors? seems legit. :rolleyes:

13. Lyons00 macrumors 6502

14. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Another vote for SPG, power support is a close second.