Best backless iPhone 6+ bumper case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jor17, Sep 29, 2014.

1. jor17 macrumors member

I was all set to buy the Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Case but I've read the reviews about the buttons not working.

I'm looking for a 6+ bumper case that has no back (not even a clear one)...

Any thoughts?

2. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502a

BoricuaHec01

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered it, should receive shortly. Heard mixed reviews that they either send the button stabilizers or the newer stocks are fixed.

3. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

Yeah, i ordered as well. It'll be here Friday for me. Guess i'll see then!

4. Jman13 macrumors 68000

With the button stabilizers it works fine. When I first got the Neo Hybrid (non EX), the buttons were bad. The top volume button would activate volume down and was hard to press. With the stabilizers they work fine. The lower volume and power are still clickier than volume up, but the volume up works fine now and feels OK.

5. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502a

BoricuaHec01

What exactly do you have to do with the stabilizers? It's just a sticker you put through the inside? Not sure how these things work.

6. DoNotEnter macrumors newbie

At first, my Neo Hybrid EX case didn't work well.
    But, after getting the stabilizer? from Spigen, it has worked perfectly.
    Now I'm satisfied with my backless bumper case.

7. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Post some photos of the spigen ex series if any of you have it for the 6+

8. kellyarc macrumors newbie

I just got my Spigen Ex series Hybrid for iPhone 6+ today, buttons are working fine on mine. Maybe they already addressed the issue that is why its taking them a long time to ship it. My concern is that the side panel seems loose. The bumper case I ordered from eBay actually fits better. Anyone else have this concern? The case from eBay is aluminum its sleek, thin and does not affect signal.

9. ggmonogram macrumors member

link for the aluminum pls. ;)

10. kellyarc macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

11. hipnetic macrumors 6502a

I got two Spigen bumpers (one 6 and one 6+) delivered from Amazon (Prime next-day) the day before the iPhone 6 release. I figured I'd get one of each so that I could get a feel for how the phone size might feel in my hand. The next day I got in line at an AT&T store at 7:30am. There were about 14 people ahead of me and the store only got two 6+ models. I bought the 6 and installed the Spigen case. The buttons worked fine for me in terms of doing what they were supposed to do, but they felt mushy and didn't provide any clicky feedback.

I got the free package in the mail with the button stickers to fix the clickiness. At first glance I thought, "how is this going to fix anything?" Sure enough, the buttons are nice and clicky now. I'm a little worried about whether the stickers might eventually lose their stickiness and fall off, though.

The bumper case itself seems high-quality. The one on my 6 is a red color, the 6+ model I got is bright yellow. The case is glossy, whereas I might prefer a bit more of a grippier feel, but it still does make holding the phone, especially one-handed, feel more stable and less likely to slip out of my hand.

Some people complain about the little "tag" on the back advertising Spigen, and there's also an indented wording "Neo Hybrid" on the right side towards the bottom. I'd prefer they weren't there, but they don't particularly bother me.

I'm skeptical that these things offer much, if any, protection from drops, but I imagine they're better than nothing if you were to drop it from a short distance and it landed on the phone's side or corner. Again, I think the main advantage with them is that they make gripping the phone feel a bit more stable and less likely to have the phone slip out of your hand. I'm not sure why anyone would want a bumper made of metal. Less likely to absorb any shock if you dropped it and it leaves the phone still slippery.

I will say that $25 for such a tiny amount of plastic seems like quite a racket.

12. jor17 thread starter macrumors member

any other good options to consider besides Spigen?

13. applephysci macrumors regular

14. kellyarc macrumors newbie

The grip is not that good. It is very smooth. I tried the sgp hybrid ex series when i got it last week and i am so bothered how lose it is. I went back to this bumper. I like how snug, fit and slim it is compare to the sgp. I went for the xtreme guard for the back and it also covered the sides for added protection against scratch.

15. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Any loss of signal with the aluminum?

16. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I'm very interested in an aluminum bumper and a skin could be my answer to a minimal protection and somewhat mimic the phone look itself. I'm kind of over plasticky edges and bumpers. I find the ebay alum ones interesting, some seem to have lining and others don't. I think a lining on alum would be important to avoid scratching the phone. Please post your alum bumper reviews.
    Quest continues.

17. kellyarc macrumors newbie

I have not experience any signal loss.